Acoustic Mag and 'Under This Blue Sky'

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Colin F

Acoustic Mag and 'Under This Blue Sky'

Postby Colin F » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Hi Gordon
It's Great to see 'Under This Blue Sky' featured in this months 'Acoustic' magazine ! I have often said and you are probably bored of me saying this now, but I'll never be able to stop repeating it - " It is one of the most beautiful passages of music ever written for the guitar"-. I love it with a passion. It has everything basically and Ray's Double Vision collaboration enhanced it even further for me and remains my favourite version. Although I love much of your work, Camber Sands, Sallie's Song, Down the River to name but a few, I do think you pulled a 'Rabbit out the Hat' with this one.
Best wishes
Colin
PS. Deb likes the the ones with ' The Irish' touch (must be the Gaelic blood in her ) did you manage to write or get any ideas for anything while over on the Emerald Isle recently?)

Trevor Raggatt

Re: Acoustic Mag and 'Under This Blue Sky'

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:20 pm

Colin F wrote: " It is one of the most beautiful passages of music ever written for the guitar"-.

Colin, I noticed your comment and I just wanted to say that you're talking utter tosh and rubbish! :wink:

Your quote should have read... " It is one of the most beautiful passages of music ever written" FULL STOP! :D

Trevor

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:02 pm

Gentlemen.

You are both too kind and I thank you.

Be Well all.

G.

Roger

Postby Roger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:07 pm

Colin,

I had a very quick look in the said mag, but couldn't see anything about UTBS. Is it the featured TAB?

By the way, I agree totally with the comments made by yourself and Trevor. UTBS is a piece of music that I'm drawn back to time and time again. I hope to hear Gordon play it again soon!

Best to all,

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

UNDER THIS BLUE SKY.

Postby GORDON » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:25 pm

Hi Roger, Colin and Trevor.I have to say that I too am confused. This month's featured piece in ACOUSTIC mag is Who Knows where tomorrow goes. Can someone throw some light on this confusion please.

Many Thanks.

G.

Roger

Postby Roger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi Gordon!

Phew.........nice to know that I haven't gone potty (or that the reading glasses don't work)!

Unfortunately it's unlikely that we will be able to get to Bramdean this weekend, but it's great to see that you have gigs at Fleet and Liphook on consecutive weekends in Feb of next year. What a bonus!!

Best wishes to you and Hilary,

Roger & Em(x)

Colin F

Postby Colin F » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:30 pm

Nope,,it's Me !!! :oops: ...I'm going potty...I read it (or thought I had) on a "This Months Contents" web site...Bought a copy of the mag a week after I had posted my comment only to find it was indeed.."Who Knows where tomorrow goes". I've Been doing a lot of funny things like that lately (Grin)My mistake folks! sorry about that :oops:

GORDON
Site Admin

UNDER THIS BLUE SKY

Postby GORDON » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:08 pm

Hi Colin .

Just been away with friends for a few days, and I was teaching this very piece to my good friend Geofff Olner. I have to say that although a simple tune, it does appear to have a life of it's own, and it's great fun to play!

Thanks for you onging words of kindness sir, and my best to you and your loved ones.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Music”