'As It Happens' CD

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Stevo

'As It Happens' CD

Postby Stevo » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:02 pm

I was just flicking through the October/November issue of Acoustic magazine, and there it was, an advert for a new Gordon Giltrap CD called 'As It Happens...'

The advert says:-
The first complete Gordon Giltrap concert ever released.
Recorded this year, over two hours of music and chat on a double CD.

I think its released later this month. Can't wait.

coling

Re: 'As It Happens' CD

Postby coling » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:55 am

Stevo wrote:I was just flicking through the October/November issue of Acoustic magazine, and there it was, an advert for a new Gordon Giltrap CD called 'As It Happens...'

The advert says:-
The first complete Gordon Giltrap concert ever released.
Recorded this year, over two hours of music and chat on a double CD.

I think its released later this month. Can't wait.

I was one of the lucky attendees at the Dorchester concert, another sell out - the organiser was still trying to squeeze in customers even as Gordon was getting up on stage.I had to buy this CD as a momento of a great evenings entertainment. My order has just been delevered from Panacy - a really quick turnround from placing it. If you are in doubt about buying this as you may have attended many live dates of Gordon's, then don't be. The reproduction is really lifelike and evokes what we all like about a GG concert - an intimacy like having the great man in your living room talking and playing just for you. If like me, stuck on the south coast, you don't have many opportunities to attend GG dates, then being able to place the CD in your player, close your eyes and drift back to the concert hall is a real indulgence. The jokes and comments haven't worn thin yet! The music just flows along taking you with it. Gordon makes good use of the freedom to adapt his pieces to the occasion, shortening some ("because its a long piece and I can't remember it all"), joining others together and inventing as he goes along (Dodo's dream). There's old favourites, new stories, audience appreciation and a continuous sense of everyone enjoying themselves. Well done to Dorchester Arts, Panacy and of course GG. Now, Gordon about that return visit..............................

Return to “Gordon's Music”