DODGY GG CD's

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

DODGY GG CD's

Postby GORDON » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Dear all,in response to these GG albums out there.

There are a number of albums that aren't legitimate GG albums in cyberspace. Many of the companies (if that's what you call them) have poached stuff and just knocked up some dreadful covers. Many have gone into liquidation.There are two legit ones,which were originally THE RIVER SESSIONS, and original versions of A Matter of Time, the album I did with Martin Taylor.

The deal we did was sadly with a dodgy company who although returned the rights to us had a clause that gave them"non exclusive rights" which basically meant that they could keep the album and keep putting out copies.It's a minefield out there!!!

Dear Sue has more detailed information that she managed to find cos she's clever like that!

I have contacted the publishers who are on the case and will get Amazon to remove any dodgy stuff,but sadly the Facebook stuff is more difficult.

Over to you dear Sue with more info if you have it, and I thank you in advance for taking out your precious time to do this and it is indeed greatly appreciated.

Be Well all.

G.

Sue
Site Admin

Re: DODGY GG CD's

Postby Sue » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 am

Hi all,

as Gordon says - its a minefield. Unauthorized download albums (and occasionally physical CD albums) make their way onto the internet from time to time and it is difficult if not near impossible to stop it happening. If you can get them removed others will pop up to replace them.

To keep it simple, the best advice I can give is this - if you see something you don't recognize, check the website. If you can't see the album cover shown in the Discography section or track listings don't match up with what we have posted and you haven't read about a new release on the website or in Airwaves Newsletters, then the chances are it's NOT a legit album, so please don't buy it.... it won't be new recordings, just very poor quality versions of ones you already have.

Even main stream retailers such as iTunes and Amazon get fooled sometimes.

Sue
GG webmaster

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:11 am

Thanks Sue.

G.

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Well said, Sue!