GG Live Album?

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

GG Live Album?

Postby Roger » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Anyone know anything about this record, which is featured on Myspace:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images ... 1&s=dmusic

Best to all,

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: GG Live Album?

Postby GORDON » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:41 pm

They can't even spell my name right.What are the track listings?Where the hell did they get that pic? who are these people?

Best.

G.

Roger

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:14 am

Gordon,

Thought it best to bring it to your attention.

Release date quoted on MySpace is Jun 2010, tracks listed are Chambertin, Kaz, Rain in the Doorway,The Pinic, Here comes the Sun, Isabella's Wedding, At Giltrap's Bar, Heartsong, Down the River, Lucifer's Cage And Anji.

https://myspace.com/gordongiltrap/music/albums

That's all the info I have G, other than the image I posted was from Amazon for a download of "At Giltrap's Bar"

Hope the gig in aid of your local hospice went well - we were hoping to make it, but things changed pretty well the last minute.

Best to you and Hilary,

Roger

Roger

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Gordon,

More info - the record label is Carinco Neue Medien AG, which is probably Swiss.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:43 pm

Bizarre.. the inclusion of Chambertin, Angie and Kaz together seems to peg it as a recording from around maybe 2000-2003? The set list certainly doesn't coincide with any official GG live album that I've seen. Wonder if Gordon did a radio broadcast concert from around that time? If so, it could be an opportunist label cashing in on some sloppy mechanical copying rights related to the recording.

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:34 pm

This album has been available on iTunes USA site for a long time - I had not noticed the misspelt name before.....

It shows a release date of 1981 and on iTunes the company is listed as Carinco Neue Medien GmbH which would be a company registered in Germany.

It's priced at $9.99..... That's more than On a Summer's Night!

I have just tried switching over to iTunes UK (which doesn't always work) and it also shows the album is available at 7.99 (pounds).

On a separate note it's good to see that Perilous Journey, Visionary and Fear of the Dark are now available on iTunes.

All the best,

Roger

Roger

Postby Roger » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Did a bit more digging and found two Swiss addresses for the company, which appears to be in administration!

AndrewD

Postby AndrewD » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Maybe they have been taken to the cleaners by angry agents and copyright owners :roll:

Return to “Gordon's Music”