All my friends who bought Ravens and Lullabies

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

All my friends who bought Ravens and Lullabies

Postby GORDON » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:05 pm

May I ask a HUGE favour to all the many friends we have made over the years who were moved to buy Ravens and Lullabies.

It would really help spread the word if you could write a little review( or a big one) on the Amazon website.

May I say a huge heartfelt THANKYOU to all of you (and you know who you are) who were kind enough to set aside the time to write a review,some of them VERY detailed and VERY long about the album.

Oliver and I are very proud of this album, and it is SO good to have our belief confirmed by the kind words you have written about it.

For this we once again thank you most sincerely.

Be Well all.

Gordon and Oliver.

keithmeredith

Re: All my friends who bought Ravens and Lullabies

Postby keithmeredith » Wed May 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Just added my two penn'orth to Amazon in support of The Cause. Hope it helps.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed May 01, 2013 9:08 pm

keithmeredith wrote:Just added my two penn'orth to Amazon in support of The Cause. Hope it helps.

I have read it and I THANKYOU sir.

Be well both.

G.

BRC

Postby BRC » Fri May 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Gordon,

I had fully intended coming to the show at the Theatre Royal, Margate, and get my copy of 'Ravens & Lullabies. However I managed to get the date confused with another concert I had already committed to way back last year and therefore not only missed out on the concert but getting the album direct from you. Humble apologies.

As I was placing an order with Amazon I decided to include the album as well to ensure I did not delay further being able to listen to it. That sounds simple enough, though strange how life never quite works out that way. No problem getting the double album within about 3 days from Amazon .... then, suddenly, the weather decides to show progress out of winter (at least I think it has) and all the jobs in the garden, round the house etc, that have been put-off 'until the weather gets better' present themselves with a good deal of urgency required. That, together with frequent visits by our 19 month old granddaughter, meant I had only listened to the first 8 tracks when I saw your posting. I duly posted a review 'so far' on Amazon on 6 May 2013.

Today is now 17 May and .... I have still not found the quiet couple of hours to listen to the rest of the album, or, rather, start again from the beginning. Notwithstanding that, I think the album (so far) is superb and trust you are truly proud of it.

Brad

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat May 18, 2013 9:13 am

Hello Brad.

When you finally get round to listening to the entire album, I hope you enjoy it, and may feel moved to write a revue on Amazon.

I know that feeling of finding the time to do everything.

Be Well and thankyou.

G.

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi Gordon,

I made sure I posted my Ravens & Lullabies review on the Amazon UK site before I left England.

All the best,

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks for doing that Rog.

Hope your safely home now. Say "hi" to Ethan.

G.

aviator

Postby aviator » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:43 am

Added my review a few weeks ago (mentions Stephen Wilsons release with 'Raven' in the title, the same month).

Thoroughly enjoyed R&L and play it long after the purchase. It has lots of highlights but 'Is This the Last Song' is going to be a long-time favourite for myself.

As of today there are 18 review on Amazon.co.uk, 16 graded 5-out-of-five, one rated as a four and one as a three.

Been my equal best CD purchase of the year-to-date, next to Rob Reed's 'Beneath The Waves' and followed (but not bettered) by 'English Electric part 2' by Big Big Train and 'Lifesigns'.

I think it surprised a lot of people who had the errornous impression that Gordon was a 'folkie'. Prog is well into a revival that looks permanent now and it's about time Gordon's contribution to the genre was recognised. An awful lot of bands would be overjoyed to have him as their guitarist just for his electric stuff alone!

Return to “Gordon's Music”