Ravens & Lullabies - a nation decides...

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Ravens & Lullabies - a nation decides...

Postby GORDON » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:09 am

Roger wrote:Gordon,

Have posted a review on Amazon (as RMD). It should appear on there within the next 48 hours.

Best to you and Hilary,

Roger

PS Great news about the Martin :D

Thanks Rog, greatly appreciated sir.

Be well both.

G.

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:58 pm

It's arrived!

Shipped on March 6th and arrived at my house in North Carolina on March 11th - pretty good shipping time Cherry Red/US Postal Service.

My signed limited edition CD's both arrived in perfect condition - not always the case when I receive CD shipments - again well done Cherry Red.

Now for the music - it is wonderful! I have only played the discs two or three times, but there are already first impression favorites: Turn of the Card, Maybe Tomorrow, Wherever There Was Beauty, Anyone Can Fly, One for Billie and of course Fiona's Smile. The bonus CD is very strong and it must have been difficult to narrow down a single CD album, leaving off Praeludium, Roots, The Forgotten King and a great arrangement of Isabella's Wedding. Plus, any version of On Camber Sands gets on any album in my book. The arrangement of Praeludium (which is playing now) is marvelous.

Anyone who hasn't bought the Limited Edition double album should do so if it is still available.

Well done Gordon and Oliver, your musical styles complement each other perfectly. It was well worth all the creative toil to produce such an excellent debut album, with more to come.....hopefully.

Thank you.

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:02 am

THANKYOU Roger so very much for those lovely words.I sometimes say ( kind words) but these aren't kind words, just an honest opinion of the music.I shall tell Oliver,he will be very pleased.

Be well my friend.

G.

piotrwargan

Postby piotrwargan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:51 pm

The Raven Has Landed!

In fact, a certain pair of Ravens landed yesterday evening in Wroclaw! It seems that the combined forces of the UK and PL posts did not break a world record in letter delivery ;-) (sent out on 1 March), but that matters not!!!

What matters to Ania and I is this: we have been fans of Gordon's for a long time, and now we are fans of Oliver Wakeman as well! The album meets our expectations; it is really hard to stop listening to the songs, so a repeat mode is a useful feature. It is amazing, how well the guitar and the piano "work" together. Other musicians did a great job too and the vocals certainly belong to those you never forget.

Superb music beautifully arranged and played. It is not easy to talk of favourite pieces (both CD's are great!), so let's name just some of those "favourite favourite" ones: Fiona’s Smile, Is This the Last Song I Write, Ravens Will Fly Away, The Roots in a new arrangement, Progress of the Soul, On Camber Sands).

We feel privileged to be able to listen to "Ravens and Lullabies".

Thank you for your music!

Ania & Piotr

PS From 18 March, the album will be on sale through Polish website offering progressive rock (and other ambitious kinds of music): http://www.rockserwis.pl/serwis.do?menu ... all&cat=12

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:55 pm

GORDON wrote:THANKYOU Roger so very much for those lovely words.I sometimes say ( kind words) but these aren't kind words, just an honest opinion of the music.I shall tell Oliver,he will be very pleased.

Be well my friend.

G.

I forgot to mention Natures Way on the bonus CD! Bringing elements of Nursery Chimes and other guitar work to Oliver's old piece Natures Way is very effective. The combination Oliver's keyboard with your guitar playing creates a beautiful, unique piece of music, all the more impressive for being live.

Have I mentioned that I like this album? :)

Roger

Return to “Gordon's Music”