Gordon Giltrap - Guitar Maestro DVD

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

Roger USA

Gordon Giltrap - Guitar Maestro DVD

Postby Roger USA » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 pm

For some time I have longed to have a copy of the Gordon Giltrap Guitar Maestro DVD that I could play here in the US. I had searched the usual websites many times, including Amazon where I optained a US format Double Vision DVD, but I could not find it. At the recent Sheffield concert I saw the DVD again and wished if only......

Then the other day looking at it on this website's discography, I noticed that it is in fact a double sided DVD with the UK PAL format on one side and NTSC USA format on the other (why doesn't everybody do this)! I can't believe I had never read the DVD description thoroughly enough before to notice that it clearly states the disc is dual format!

I have just ordered one, but I could have bought one at the concert and had it signed! I must learn to read more thoroughly.......

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Gordon Giltrap - Guitar Maestro DVD

Postby GORDON » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:18 pm

What a drag Roger. Never mind sir...next time eh.

Be Well.

G.

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:08 pm

I have received the DVD and I must say it is excellent! The visual and audio quality are very good and the performances are outstanding. The interviews and discussion around the songs and guitars are really interesting. The option to play the songs with or without the interviews and the additional tracks, including the feature on Dodo's Dream, make it a great DVD!

I know it dates back to 2006, but better late than never!

Thanks,

Roger

PS Ethan loves the John Bailey double neck guitar used for Sallie's Song

Duvet

Postby Duvet » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Hey Roger,

Did you see my post in the Guitar Anoraks forum - John Bailey Guitar, An Astonishing Discovery? Have a look and look out for the NEWS on the 1st July :-)

David

Return to “Gordon's Music”