Visitation - Fear of the Dark

This is the place to post items relating to Gordon and his music in a general sense, such as his influences, how he composes, which pieces you enjoy most and why etc.

Moderator: GORDON

diffidus

Visitation - Fear of the Dark

Postby diffidus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:29 pm

I first saw Gordon Giltrap at the end of the 1970s on the 'Old Grey Whistle test'. He was playing some tracks from the 'Fear of the Dark' album. He had a female singer with his band ( maybe Annie Haslam?) and it was absolutely brilliant. I was so impressed that the very next day I bought the album (I have never done that for any other band either before or since). It was great value for money.

I play acoustic guitar myself but nowhere near Gordon's level, but one track off Fear of the Dark, called Visitation is relatively slow and I have always loved the melody. However, I have never been able to find a book or music sheet (in a shop or on the net) that has the chords and tab. Can anyone out there help?

Roger

Re: Visitation - Fear of the Dark

Postby Roger » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi Diffidus,

Visitation is a great track, with or without the drums of Simon Phillips. Electric guitar solos don't come much better than Gordon's on this track.

Roger
If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.

coling

Postby coling » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:58 am

On the subject of Fear of the Dark, here's another current professional musician (Rob Reed, multi-instrumentalist with his "Sanctuary" releases and member of Magenta, Kiara, Kompendium and more) who recently quotes this album as one of his major inluences. Full interview on http://www.dprp.net/reviews/2018-026

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Wed May 16, 2018 11:42 am

He had a female singer with his band ( maybe Annie Haslam?) and it was absolutely brilliant.

Most likely the fabulous Shirley Roden - wonderful singer. Check out the Live At Oxford live CD for more of her singing...

Return to “Gordon's Music”