"The Producer's Manual" by Paul White

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Mike Stranks

"The Producer's Manual" by Paul White

Postby Mike Stranks » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:53 am

Just picking-up on Gordon's endorsement of Paul's book in the December news...

Santa kindly obliged with a copy on The Day and, although the festivities have only permitted a few quick flick-throughs this book really does look like The Biz.

The book is both comprehensive and simple. It's well-laid out with numerous photographs and diagrams etc. The text is in bite-sized chunks and easy to take-in. I've just checked the index and there is a huge amount of material on recording both acoustic and electric guitars.

But the best thing of all is that the book is by Paul White. He's not one of the head-in-the-clouds experts who believes that you can't buy a decent microphone for less than £500 - there are plenty of those about - but understands and writes about the real world that most of us inhabit. His style is easy and uncomplicated and he's probably the most user-friendly writer on sound issues in the UK.

I did notice in a recent podcast that when talking about the book Paul spoke about how to get a "rare, unsigned copy". Now where have we heard that before? :lol:
The older I get, the better I used to be

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: "The Producer's Manual" by Paul White

Postby GORDON » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:07 pm

Hi Mike.

I bought my Jamie a rare SIGNED copy....he loves it...Great book eh!

Be Well and HAPPY NEW YEAR sir.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”