New Member - First Post - Vintage VE2000GG

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

philtheflug

New Member - First Post - Vintage VE2000GG

Postby philtheflug » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:46 pm

Hello Everyone

This is my first post. I took delivery of a VE2000GG a couple of weeks ago. I chose it purely for the shape, spec and knowledge that Vintage made great instruments for the price. Up until I got the guitar the only Giltrap piece I had heard was Heartsong and a vague recollection that I had read that the drummer from my favourite band - Ian Mosley of Marillion - once played in Gordon's band.

Firstly, can I just say what an amazing guitar the GG is - I am totally blown away by everything about it. The construction, playability and sound - both acoustic and amplified - is stunning and I'm really enjoying re-discovering my love for the acoustic guitar through this wonderful instrument.

More importantly though I decided to check out some of Gordon's music and downloaded a completely random selection of tracks from iTunes. How glad am I that I did and what have I been missing for all these years!!! Completely blown away by the musicality and artistry of the man as well as the stunning command he has over the instrument. Up to press I am having a very Happy GG Christmas!

Going to keep an eye on the gig list and the first appearence in Lancashire will see me there - can't wait.

Have a great Christmas everyone

Phil

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: New Member - First Post - Vintage VE2000GG

Postby GORDON » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Dear Phil.

Well, what a double delight for me to know that A...You love the GG Vintage and B...You are obviously enjoying my music. Your posting has made my day sir and I look forward to meeting you at a concert near you in 2012.

Be Well and Happy Christmas.

G.

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Good to have you here Phil and glad that you're finding Gordon's music as great as the rest of you here. Should you fancy treating yourself to a late Chrissie pressie, you'll find Ian M's playing on the Live at Oxford and PEacock Party albums - and cracking albums they are too!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peacock-Party-A ... 73&sr=1-15

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-at-Oxford- ... 414&sr=1-3

Have a great Christmas!

Trevor

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:01 am

HAPPY CHRISTMAS YOU TWO LOVELY PEOPLE.

G & H.x

philtheflug

Postby philtheflug » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:52 am

Wow - a response from the man himself! Totally unexpected but greatly appreciated - Thank you.

That and a copy of Live at Oxford from my wife yesterday.

Life is good

philtheflug

Postby philtheflug » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:37 pm

Could I please ask where I can find the serial number on the Vintage? Looked in the obvious places - on the label, back of the headstock etc. but can't seem to find one.

Cheers

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:42 pm

You will find it inside the guitar on the block where the neck joins the body!

Be Well guv.

G.

philtheflug

Postby philtheflug » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:22 am

Many thanks Gordon - I'll get me torch!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:33 pm

With the instrument facing you, look inside the soundhole,at the back to the left of the label you will see a block of wood where the neck is attached to the body, at the bottom of the block you will see an 8 digit number. This is the serial number. You won't need a torch!

Happy Christmas!

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”