Dick Knight guitars photos update

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

roxoff66

Dick Knight guitars photos update

Postby roxoff66 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi to interested parties.
In discussion with Gordon, I have asked Sue to post some images I have of a couple of early Dick Knight acoustic guitars and a pic of Dick Knight circa 1977.

I recently purchased a Dick Knight 1968 braz rosewood acoustic, now with luthier for a refin etc. I was kindly forwarded these 35-40 year old pics by the previous owner(Carl). The image showing 2 guitars is of, left, the Knight Carl purchased new in 1968 , the guitar on the right,maple, belonged to Mike Oldfield and was sold to Carl in the early 1970s'. It was sold on a year later.

There is a pic of The man himself, Dick Knight taken in 1977.

I should get mine back from luthier John Marlow,Dewsbury, hopefully before Dec so I may use it when I go into a studio in the new year. These acoustic guitars are definately individual in their voicings and Dick did not skimp on quality of wood used. Now a rare find, I suspect their value will come to be more appreciated as they come out of the closet. You will find a Dick Knight acoustic on the John Renbourn, Faro Annie,album cover.
Cheers
Paul

(Pics added - Sue )

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”