ovation elite query

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

daniellouisduffy

ovation elite query

Postby daniellouisduffy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm considering buying an ovation elite DS778TX D-Scale guitar, which is a odd guitar that has 2 extra frets, and is tuned to D-G-C-F-A-D, which allows for a very deep, bassy sound if desired, or a completely normal guitar if you capo the 2nd fret. It seems like a good complement to my ve2000gg -which could not be improved ;)- because it can provide a very sonourous bass sound, which will suit some peices better eg some preston reed and kaki king peices I'm having a go at. My problem is that there seems to be not a single review in existence of this guitar, which is unhelpful. So does anyone have any experience with this particular guitar, or ovation guitars in general, and could shed some light on whether this is likely to be a good buy or not? It seems to have good electronics, looks, and hopefully sound and other ovation elites seem to have had good reviews. So does anyone have an opinion on ovation guitars, their elite series, this particular guitar, or baritone guitars?? thanks a lot :)

safarineil

Re: ovation elite query

Postby safarineil » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:00 pm

I've got 2 Ovation Collectors guitars. Unplugged they are ok but in my opinion they lack the dynamic attack on the bottom string of a good wood guitar. However amplified, according to all the comments I've had from soundesk guys, they are superb especially the 2007 which has the Aura system built in.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”