Hello.

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

SGJazzBass

Hello.

Postby SGJazzBass » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:51 am

Hi,
This is my first post on this forum and just wanted to say hello.
My main instrument for many years has been the bass guitar and had played a little acoustic guitar, so recently i wanted to get back into acoustic playing, so bearing in mind budget, checking reviews from various magazines and not forgetting i've been a great follower of Gordons music for many years, i decided on the VE2000GG six string and what a choice.
It has to be said that it's not the easiest guitar to get your hands on at the moment, seems demand greater than supply but the guys at Ivor Mairants in London sorted it and the guitar arrived on Friday.
The magazine reviews were spot on, what a superb package, the guitar considering the price, has the look and feel of a much more expensive instrument and comes with a quality GG signature case, plus the dvd and two extra sctratchplates, needless to say if you hadn't already guessed, i'm chuffed to bits with it !!
Thanks Gordon for the collaboration between yourself, Rob armstrong and Vintage to develop a cost effective quality guitar.
Cheers,
Simon :D

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Hello.

Postby GORDON » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:11 pm

SGJazzBass wrote:Hi,
This is my first post on this forum and just wanted to say hello.
My main instrument for many years has been the bass guitar and had played a little acoustic guitar, so recently i wanted to get back into acoustic playing, so bearing in mind budget, checking reviews from various magazines and not forgetting i've been a great follower of Gordons music for many years, i decided on the VE2000GG six string and what a choice.
It has to be said that it's not the easiest guitar to get your hands on at the moment, seems demand greater than supply but the guys at Ivor Mairants in London sorted it and the guitar arrived on Friday.
The magazine reviews were spot on, what a superb package, the guitar considering the price, has the look and feel of a much more expensive instrument and comes with a quality GG signature case, plus the dvd and two extra sctratchplates, needless to say if you hadn't already guessed, i'm chuffed to bits with it !!
Thanks Gordon for the collaboration between yourself, Rob armstrong and Vintage to develop a cost effective quality guitar.
Cheers,
Simon :D

Hi Simon,

A huge sigh of relief here sir because regardless of the glowing reviews, you can't please everyone. I have to tell you that each night on stage when I play my VE 2000, I still can't believe how amazing it sounds. It continues to improve by the week. It sounded great when I first got it but now it is really starting to sing.

The bass end is SO rich and the whole sound is so tight and responsive.My guitar is EXACTLY the same as yours,it has exactly the same pre-amp etc. I wouldn't change a thing about it,and it is rapidly developing that worn in patina, the odd pick and finger mark where it is constantly played.

I'm delighted you have been wise enought to go for it, and that it lives up to your expectations sir.

Be Well and enjoy many years picking on that geeetar.

Be Well guv.

G.

SGJazzBass

Postby SGJazzBass » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:53 am

Thanks for the reply Gordon, much appreciated.
I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Fleece on the 23rd.
One other question regarding the Fleece gig, will you have any written music for sale that night, in particular the Vintage Giltrap and Troubador books.
Regards,
Simon.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Yes, hopefully will have some books my friend.

Be Well.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”