ve2000gg signature

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

daniellouisduffy

ve2000gg signature

Postby daniellouisduffy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:50 am

Hi, i was at Gordon's last Bramhall Hall concert, and was lucky enough to hear him talk about his new signature guitar. I have read all the reviews and am sure it is a phenomenal guitar, but since i'm only 15 £400 is quite a big chunk of my savings, should i consder something cheaper like a vintage v400mh, or a seagull s6, or should i go for it and get the signature? As an intermediate (at best) guitar player, will i appreciate the difference enough to make it worthwhile? any thoughts or advice welcome. Also wondering if anyone knows when the shops are giong to get a new batch of the signature guitars in- at the moment they all seem to be sold out :/Thanks a lot everyone :)

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:24 am

Hello Daniel.

Thankyou for your posting. The guitars you mentioned represent great value for money and the cheaper Vintage models are amazing! What you get with the GG model is a guitar that will in time improve with age(as most solid top guitars do of course)and as you progress with your playing you will appreciate the difference.

I think for the extra £79 of your £400 budget it may be worth waiting that little bit longer until they finally reach the shops again which should be any time now.It is a fact that the GG model ticks all the boxes in all the areas.My one is a permanent fixture on stage and in the studio, I love it!

If in the meantime you decide to go for the other models in the Vintage range I suggest the mahogany models would be a great choice, I have owned one and can vouch for the quality and outstanding value for money.The Seagull is a good choice also.

Continue to enjoy whatever guitar you chose.

Be Well.

G.

daniellouisduffy

Postby daniellouisduffy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:10 am

Thanks Gordon,

I think I will get the signature, because although the others I mentioned are also good guitars, they are not electro-acoustic, and hopefully i will be able to own a ve2000gg and appreciate the difference as I play for longer and become more experienced. Thanks again! :D

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:09 pm

So pleased you have made that decision, you won't regret it I'm sure.

Be Well.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”