Rob Armstrong/ Gordon Giltrap Guitar for sale

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Patcho68

Rob Armstrong/ Gordon Giltrap Guitar for sale

Postby Patcho68 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi there

Thanks for letting me join the forum, and apologies that my first post is so self-serving, but this is just to let anyone interested know that I am selling a wonderful Rob Armstrong parlour guitar that was previously owned by Gordon.

The guitar is listed on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130471379939&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

I'd be very interested if anyone knew anymore about the guitar, and in particular if anything I've said is inaccurate. I'm very sad to let the guitar go, but times are hard. My wife has threatened to put it in the woodburner if we run out of logs!

I've guessed at a starting price, based purely on what Rob's guitars cost new. If the guitar sells I will make a donation towards helping Rob with his rebuilding.

By the way, he was kind enough to let me visit for half an hour over Xmas, and showed me the very first guitar he has just finished in his new workshop - needless to say, its fantastic!!

Thanks again, and best wishes for the New Year.

Dave

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Dear Dave.

It is with a degree of sadness that I see that this guitar is for sale. I sold it to friend a while back.... actually I received in exchange two very nice instruments for this guitar which was a HUGE part of my playing history.

I never dreamed that he would part with it as he was/is quite an admirer of my music, and ownership of this instrument meant a lot to him.

Obviously when a guitar leaves me it ceases to be my property. I'm just SO sad that this friend of mine who sadly I have lost contact with felt the need through whatever circumstances to sell it. The man was/is a VERY generous and caring human being and I know that he has gone through some major changes in his personal life.

I truly wish him well, and that maybe this posting will give him a reason to make contact again bless him.Please give him my sincere best wishes, and I hope you get a seriously good price for it and that it goes to a good home.

Be Well Sir.

Gordon.

Patcho68

Postby Patcho68 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks for your kind words. I understand that it is difficult when an instrument has so much emotion and history invested in it. I can only stress I'm doing this for the right reason, i.e. to look after my family.

On the positive side, it will hopefully give someone else the opportunity to cherish and play this wonderful instrument.

very best wishes

Dave

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:58 am

Your reasons are indeed the right ones Dave. Family comes first in all things, and at the end of the day it is only a guitar. I'm sure it will fetch a good price, I sincerely hope so anyway for all the right reasons. My sadness is really for its original owner prior to me whose life has obviously travelled some tough roads of late.

Be Well Sir.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”