The Black Strat

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

The Black Strat

Postby Russ Gannicott » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:15 pm

You may be interested in a series of photos I took of Ash building his Christmas present. Earlier in the year Ash bought a CBS strat neck off ebay - birds eye maple, ebony board and brass nut...not sure of the make, but I suspect either Mighty Mite or Allparts. He had put this aside until the day he found something to build it into, so when a project popped up on ebay I thought it would make a cracking christmas pressie. It was a collection of parts a guy had bought - all genuine Fender and all gold, along with a 2007 black US standard alder body. I bought this for very silly money and added to it a set of Fender noisless pickups, gold Sperzels and an Artec four band eq boost.
Ash spent three days starting Boxing day putting it all together, and apart from some help with the wiring did it all himself, including building a Farraday cage in the body cavity! Theend result is stunning - not only does it look and sound great, it is the most noise free strat i have ever heard! The EQ boost is a mod I would recommend to any Strat player along with the hassle of screening the whole inside of the guitar.
The pictures are on Facebook, so here's a link to the album;

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/albu ... =738104008

All the best for 2011 everyone....happy new year!!!
Russ

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi Russ.

I don't for obvious reasons subscribe to Facebook,so any chance of a pic sometime would be lovely mate. This sounds like a dream Strat!

I am the proud owner of a Paul White custom built Strat....must get a pic for the NEWS PAGE one of these days!

Have a great new year. I can't wait to see these lovely guitars when next we visit the Gannicott home in the new year.

Much love and good health to you all.

G.

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Russ,

You might need to change the privacy/sharing settings on the particular gallery and re-post the link. It should be sharable publicly without compromising the rest of your account's security settings.

I had a look from my account and it looks like a great project!

Trevor

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Dear Trev and Thea.

What a lovely photograph of you both really really nice.

LTYB.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”