Dare I post this on here... I might take some flack... :)

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

theMusicMan

Dare I post this on here... I might take some flack... :)

Postby theMusicMan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:40 pm

OK, I am going to risk it... here goes...

I wrote a piece a few years back and played it all on a synth - all parts, drums, pan pipe/flute, keys, and... wait for it... electric guitar!!!!

I know there are some serious and extremely talented musicians on here, especially guitar players, and as such I would very much appreciate your feedback on what you think of this 'synth' guitar piece.

All comments welcome... thanks all.

http://www.themouthpiece.com/music/electric.mp3

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:07 am

Hi John,

well as a strictly NON musician, I enjoyed your piece. It reminded me in parts of Jean Michel Jarre.

Being unable to play any kind of music, I respect the amount of dedication, hard work, time, effort and not least talent required to produce all kinds and genres of music on the whole range of instruments. I don't care what instrument was used to produce it, if it works for me, thats good enough.

I often go to see musicians who I know are extremely talented - some famous names, some unknown - even if some of them would not be my usual listening styles.

Some like GG I can listen to over and over again, some I enjoy watching live but find something wanting when on CD, others might just be a one off experience that I wouldn't repeat, but I'm open to all kinds of music. The most musical thing in my house is the doorbell ( which I programmed to play GG's Nursery Chimes ) so if synth is your passion, well done you - I certainly couldn't do it! :D

Sue

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:02 pm

good stuff John.

G.

Mlower

Postby Mlower » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:31 pm

Good on you John. Any more?
Martin.

Hobo

Postby Hobo » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:22 pm