Just like busses!

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Russ Gannicott

Just like busses!

Postby Russ Gannicott » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:49 pm

It wasn't that long ago that I reported my really good fortune at finding an almost new Sessionette 75.......well, guess what - I found another one! This one was languishing in a 'Cash Converters' shop with a price tag of £40 on it - needless to say it now has a new home. It's a 1984 model - a rare French export version with two 10" Celestions and beige vinyl covering. After a brief service it sounds like new - very, very punchy with the most amazing clean sound; a bit like a Fender Twin Reverb on steroids. A little brighter than my newer one and different enough to make them both 'amps for life'. If any of you ever find one of these, snatch it up - you won't regret it and I'd even go as far to say that if you are into single coil pick-up guitars, you probably won't find a better sounding amp - tube or tranny.
Also, just to add a bit of icing to the cake I just picked up a special limited edition Arbiter Fuzz Face. This was one of only 150 made using a batch of the original transistors from the '60's production run. Funny thing is, it sounds even better than I remember them sounding first time round. Mind you, it still makes you play Purple Haze every time you plug the guitar into it! All I need now is a 40th anniversary re-issued Action Man and my year will be complete!
All the best,
Russ

TTToni

Postby TTToni » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:02 pm

Guess it was your lucky day!
I found a gorgeous Tanglewood acoustic in a guitar shop (obviously) today, nicest one I've seen lately, didn't get a chance to play it though which was shame. I'm itching to get my hands on a new acoustic (I can't be bothered to get an electric, too much money and too heavy for me). I think I might have to start looking around the pawnbrokers, seems like you can pick up some right ol' gems (saw a Nintendo 69 in one, that brought back memories hehe)
Have fun with your new 'toys'.

Toni.

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:10 pm

Nice one (or should I say two) Russ
If you find a nice JS ChromeBoy guitar for a couple of hundred let me know :lol: Good lucky finding the Action Man :D
Best wishes and Happy Christmas to all
Bob

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”