GG Signature guitar - shockingly good

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

samadhi3

GG Signature guitar - shockingly good

Postby samadhi3 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:05 pm

I just wanted to share my experience in relation to the superlative Vintage GG Signature guitar (hereafter "VGGS") - I know I am late to the party, but even so I feel the need belatedly to celebrate this fine instrument. As someone who spends far more on guitars than his ability could possibly justify I have owned my fair share of high-end guitars, including vintage Gibsons and Martins. As such I like to think that I know a good guitar when I play one. I have in fact become a bit of a guitar snob, and would not have considered buying an instrument priced in three figures. However when I read the reviews of the VGGS I thought it had to be worth a punt. It turns out to be one of the most enjoyable guitars I have ever played - it is really comfortable, it is resonant, it has a tight, solid bass and trebles that are ringing and assertive without being abrasive. I know it's primarily designed as a fingerpicking guitar but when strummed it produces a fabulously rich sound. Sorry if this all sounds a bit gushing, but I am seriously impressed that such a modestly priced instrument could be this good - so much so that I have just ordered the 'JG' mahogany version as well. Kudos to everyone involved in its production!

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: GG Signature guitar - shockingly good

Postby GORDON » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:16 am

These guitars are still not recognised to the degree they should be.As I say to people this isn’t just a great instrument for the money….ITS A GREAT INSTRUMENT full stop.Thanks for your appreciation,and I think the folks at JHS would love to hear from you as they value great feedback.G.

Roosville

Postby Roosville » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:21 am

I bought this guitar a few years back now. It is very good out of the included case, but as with all my guitars, it gets a "fettle", and in this case a bit of a polish too. I think I could walk it into any shop and ask to show me anything better. It could happen but the cost would be X5. I have hopefully included a link to the guitar after I set it up incase anyone has a satin guitar that really wants to be a gloss top. You can click the images in the link below to see full size.

http://valvesphere.blogspot.com/2020/05 ... ltrap.html

Thanks to everyone involved in bringing this guitar to market. It deserves to be on anyone's list.
Last edited by Roosville on Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aja

Postby aja » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:45 pm

I recently purchased the VE2000DLX
it is particularly good - when played uplugged it is balanced and when its plugged in its awesome
Everyone who has seen it wants to own one - hopefully they will - as for the price tag you cant go wrong
I am considering the JG but it comes in a 'Gigbag' - so i would have to get another hardcase and then build an extension to put all my instruments in

Roosville

Postby Roosville » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:02 pm

Oh, and one thing that I can't really understand, I have never seen it in an advert etc. but the neck is bound, so no visible fret-ends, no sweat ingress via the edge. It's an important part of the guitar but I have never seen it noted in any of the advertising or reviews. Not sure if the original had a bound neck.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”