Nut width – VE2000GG vs VE2000DLX

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

dougow

Nut width – VE2000GG vs VE2000DLX

Postby dougow » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi all, newbie here. Thanks to Sue for the warm welcome. What a wonderful forum to stumble across. I was searching online for some reviews of the VE2000GG and found the site, lots of great discussions.

I have a question about nut widths – according to the JHS website the nut width on the standard VE2000GG is 42.5mm and on the DLX is 46mm. Can anyone confirm if that is correct? I assume it is but thought it strange that I hadn't noticed it remarked upon in the discussions I’ve seen comparing the standard with deluxe mode but may have missed it. Seems like a significant point of differentiation? I was close to buying the GG version but having noticed the spec difference wonder if the DLX may be worth the extra for me, as I enjoy a bit more fretboard room for fingerpicking. Any thoughts would be welcome!

https://www.jhs.co.uk/vintage-gordon-gi ... ic-natural
https://www.jhs.co.uk/vintage-gordon-gi ... ic-natural

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Nut width – VE2000GG vs VE2000DLX

Postby GORDON » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:47 pm

Hello Doug.

I dont have a GG 2000 to compare nut width to the GG DLX.In all honesty I'm not too fussed about neck widths providing they arent too narrow.The GG 2000 has it's own character sound which is very lively and the deluxe is warmer and richer and of course is superior because of the chosen solid rosewood back and ebony board plus of course theFishman Rare Earth pickup.Hope this helps.You can occasionally find the deluxe for a good price second hand on E Bay but my guess is that you have already looked.Be well.G.

dougow

Re: Nut width – VE2000GG vs VE2000DLX

Postby dougow » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:12 pm

Hi Gordon, and many thanks for the reply. As you suspected I have indeed found the deluxe for a good price on ebay. It is a B-stock item I understand, based on minor cosmetic imperfections. I'm awaiting delivery. Listed as a 4mm action so will need it setting up, but I have high hopes. As to my original question, I subsequently found a video online of you at the Cardiff guitar show (I think) talking about the neck and fretboard on the DLX, saying it was quite wide, so I was reassured by that. Many thanks again and all the best.
Doug

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”