G7th cappos.... a different experience..

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

sultan4swing

G7th cappos.... a different experience..

Postby sultan4swing » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:46 am

Very interested in Gordon's comments on the new G7th cappos and his obvious enthusiasm and endorsement based on many years usage.... When I read the comments today from the June newsletter.... suddenly realised that I actually had a G7th cappo myself.... For many years until recently I had used the same two original Jim Dunlop cappos - bought back in the late 1960's.... just notched steel strips with lockin fabric strap... they still work brilliantly on my 1980 Yamaha acoustic (flat neck) and 1965 EKO 12S (rounded neck)…. no buzzing at all.. This brings me back to the G7th cappo…. it was for me expensive.... and personally has been a waste of money... Whatever guitar I've used it on and trying it on frets in many different positions, I cannot get a clean unmuffled sound and I just cannot get rid of string buzzing.... So I guess for me it's as my wife says about anything (including men..!!!)…. and particularly cappos… 'the old ones are the best'.... !!??!!… I've also recently bought a couple of newer and cheaper cappos with clips and springs.. again not as good as the Jim Dunlop's, but definitely better than the G7th....

Bob Wilson

Re: G7th cappos.... a different experience..

Postby Bob Wilson » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:03 pm

Until the G7 capos came out I used the Hamilton capo from the sixties which was amazing and quick to put on. I still have it and it is as good now as it ever was. I have a couple of G7s which I use now and they are one of the best out there imo.
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

RobRoy

Re: G7th cappos.... a different experience..

Postby RobRoy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:20 pm

I've used Shubb capos for donkey's years, might have to indulge in a G7th and find out!

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”