Guitar of the Month - John Bailey Double Neck

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Guitar of the Month - John Bailey Double Neck

Postby Roger » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Great piece in G's news update about this guitar. Em and myself found a copy of Jan 1976 Guitarist magazine in Bridport a couple of years ago which had an ad for the JB double neck, placed by Ralph Denyer of Guitar Handbook fame, for £250 (around £1,800 in today's money!). Obviously we gave this to G, but kept an image of the page with the ad. I'm pretty sure that Brad has a copy, but if anyone else wants one please PM me.

Roger

Jon G

Re: Guitar of the Month - John Bailey Double Neck

Postby Jon G » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:14 pm

I think I mentioned here a few years ago that I did a web-page on the Bailey Doubleneck, which may be found here: http://www.jongarvey.co.uk/doubleneck.html. Afficianados should note there's a second page there on the technical aspects of the guitar, and a third on its history.

It looks from Gordon's News page that Bert Jansch made more of a profit from it than I did. I had it for nine years, and the price Gordon paid for it was more or less what I paid plus the cost of the refret. Plus, of course, the mark-up I felt duty-bound to charge because it had belonged to me! :D
Nothing can possibly go wrong...

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”