Truss rod tool for Vintage ve8000pb-12

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

toom

Truss rod tool for Vintage ve8000pb-12

Postby toom » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:25 am

Hi,
Does anyone know what size I need?

Thanks

BRC

Re: Truss rod tool for Vintage ve8000pb-12

Postby BRC » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:49 pm

I assume you mean the Allen key that should have come with the guitar. If you don’t have that the simplest and quickest thing to do is buy a cheap set from a shop, such as sells things for £1 (I don’t wish to be accused of promoting them, but you should be able to guess the name). I am sure a music instrument retailer will sell you one at a much inflated price!

Try each Allen key starting from the smaller one until you find the right size. Remember, only small one eighth turn of key each time until the correct neck relief reached.

I have the VE200GG 12 not the model you show, though probably same truss rod nut used.
Good luck.

toom

Re: Truss rod tool for Vintage ve8000pb-12

Postby toom » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks for the reply.

It's a used guitar, and the allen key wasn't included. I have an incomplete set of allen keys from @ou@@l@@@, but not one that fits. I guess I can afford another £1 to buy a full set, although I've now been told it's a 4 mm key and I can get one for £2,so I'll buy that.

Thanks again.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”