Next Sharing Day 16th March 2019

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Sue
Site Admin

Next Sharing Day 16th March 2019

Postby Sue » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Gordon has once again booked the Scout Hut in Mere Green on Sat 16th March 2019 for the next Sharing Day.

Gordon writes: I'm delighted to be inviting Ken Nicol as my special sharing day guest on March 16th at the usual Scout Hall venue in Mere Green Sutton Coldfield.

Ken is a great guitar and banjo player, a singer song writer whose pedigree encompasses his long history in Steeleye Span along with session work and stints with the Albion Band and Magna Carta.
Ken is great performer, who has his own signature FYLDE guitar which many of you who know of these great guitars is something very special. Ken is also a brilliant golfer so my pal Clive Carroll tells me! Oh, and he also plays a Uke!

We are very honoured to have him join us. https://kennicol.com/

The chosen piece for the day is a personal favourite - Fiona's Smile. :D

The format for the day with be a brief selection of tunes from yours truly followed by a detailed look at our chosen piece for the day, Fiona's Smile. There will be the usual Q&A on any related guitar subject be it technique, performance, composition, what have you. Also throughout the afternoon there will the chance to "share" YOUR playing with us.

Ken will join in the afternoon to play for us and answer any of your questions, but the main thrust will be his playing. I hope he brings his banjo with him as well as his FYLDE!

As usual, please contact Sue Holton as soon as possible at ggiltrap+sharingday@gmail.com with any questions or to book your place and I'll send you the full information and PDF of the piece. Cost for the day is £100.

We hope that as many of you as possible can attend. New attendees are especially welcome (and we sometimes even have cake!)
GG webmaster

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”