Red Farida Telecaster - Ex Gordon?

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Popplewolf

Red Farida Telecaster - Ex Gordon?

Postby Popplewolf » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi, I've just purchased a red Farida guitar and the seller claimed that it had been once owned by Gordon Giltrap.
The story was that it was raffled by Gordon for charity at one of his gigs in the late 2000's.
I wonder if anyone on here knows if this did belong to Gordon or not.
It's a great playing and sounding guitar and one I'm very happy to own, but to know it was played by the great Mr Giltrap would be the icing on the cake.
Many thanks in advance/hope.
Graham.

There's some photo's I took of the guitar here

http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=Qnr ... h4l5k2TGxc

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Red Farida Telecaster - Ex Gordon?

Postby GORDON » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi Graham.

Yes, indeed I did once own this guitar and did a few gigs with it performing The Dodo's Dream.If you look on YOUTUBE you will find if you search hard some footage of me playing the first Farida guitar I had playing The Dodo.They were nicely made guitars with sweet sounding pickups and although budget instruments did the job admirably.I can't quite remember the charitable event but I do know at the time that the person made a generous bid on it.People can be very kind at times.Enjoy your guitar my friend.Be well.G.

Popplewolf

Re: Red Farida Telecaster - Ex Gordon?

Postby Popplewolf » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:45 am

Hello Gordon,
thank you for taking the time to reply.
I love the sound and feel of the guitar, it's making me play in a new way due to the great clean sound,
It's one I will cherish for my small collection of guitars, I've been wanting a Telecaster style for a while and your provenance adds the X factor.
I hope you have a great festive season and 2019.

Many thanks and best wishes

Graham.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”