Your Songs

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

MarkJohnson

Your Songs

Postby MarkJohnson » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:59 pm

Hi Gordon
I see you have released a book of Troubadour, and have just made the purchase. Some time ago I requested the tab of The Picnic, which you kindly sent me. I've been practicing and can make an attempt at playing it. I'm looking forward to learning some more from the book. Recently I've spurned my rock roots and started attending some open mike nights around the wiltshire area. What a difference playing solo is, as apposed to playing in a band! Although I've been playing 30 years I felt like a beginner! I'd like to send you some mp3's but don't know how to attach them to this message. Have you ever tried a Line6 variax 700 acoustic? If so, what did you think? I'm wondering whether if might be a useful tool for me in my new acoustic ventures.
Regards
Mark

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:22 am

Hi Mark.

I'm glad that you are out and about solo these days, and yes it is different and of course you can't hide behind anything, but it is SO rewarding when things go well and the audience are with you. I wish you well.

I did try the Variax acoustic and it's not really for me BUT, as you know I am a great fan of the Variax generally, and if it works for you...GO FOR IT. At the end of the day I prefer a real acoustic, but I'm a bit of a purist that way.

As regards MP3 files I have not a clue. Have you thought of putting something up on YOUTUBE?

Be Well.

G.

TTToni

Re: Your Songs

Postby TTToni » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:13 pm

MarkJohnson wrote: I'd like to send you some mp3's but don't know how to attach them to this message.

Hey Mark,
If you create an account on http://www.putfile.com you can upload mp3s (or videos and photos) and then you can copy a URL which links directly to each mp3 you upload.

Toni

MarkJohnson

Postby MarkJohnson » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Toni
Thanks for that info, I'll use that site, keep an eye out for my stuff.
Mark

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”