Bailey guitars

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

adido

Bailey guitars

Postby adido » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:34 am

Hi, few years ago I purchased an unknown to me Bailey parlour guitar. It was cheap, looked like an old L-00 Gibson pre-war and I took it. After a quick web search I realised that I had a piece of historic liutherie... By the way, the guitar went and is still going through repairs and set up. The neck had collapsed, but was easily put back in place. The bridge was in bad conditions and has been recently restored. I did all this because I was in love with the tone, harmonics, sustain and projection of such a little guitar. The scale should be a little less than 24-25". But was really amazing and so far unique is the neck to body junction is at the 11th fret ! Yes, you read it right, 11th, not 12th, not 13th. The label written in the typical Bailey stile, says "John Bailey, 11 fret ... n°001, 1969".
Does anyone knows about this kind of Bailey guitar or similar ?
Thanks for future feed-back

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Bailey guitars

Postby GORDON » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Stunning and unique guitar.I used my Bailey six string on many of my albums from 1969 onwards.

adido

Re: Bailey guitars

Postby adido » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi, nice to hear from you.. and I am very flattered that you like this Bailey (although I didn't make it, but having found it it's a little like i did). But what do you think of that 11 fret style... strange, isn't ?
Hope you keep feel better and best wishes

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”