Recent acquisition

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

AndrewD

Recent acquisition

Postby AndrewD » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:36 am

I thought I'd share this as I've not been around much recently. Before Christmas I learned that Gordon was making space in his guitar collection. I thought long and hard (well, for a few seconds anyway) about investing in this specific opportunity that came my way and now it sits alongside my other instruments. It is the 1992 Rob Armstrong and it plays and sounds beautiful. It features on the Air Studios video of Gordon playing Heartsong on YouTube, on the Symphony Hall DVD and it was used to record most of Troubadour. I've played Heartsong on this myself now and it sounds amazing.

In the background is my 12 string which has only 6 strings on it at the moment. The sharp-eyed among you may notice that on string 1 at the 8th fret is a little gadget called a Fretlock. It is a single-string capo, self adhesive, and with the other capo this guitar is set up for Appalachian Dreaming without drilling any holes.

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Recent acquisition

Postby GORDON » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:13 am

It could not have gone to a better home my friend.

Be well and love to Anna and yourself.

G.

Roger

Postby Roger » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Andrew,

You are indeed a lucky fellow - a great looking guitar with so much GG history. Bet it sounds great too!

My recent purchases have been far more modest - a Puretone soprano ukelele which I got from a charity shop for £1.50, and more recently an elctroacoustic ukelele : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Left-Handed-Car ... ic+Ukulele

I bought the charity shop ukelele because I'd always been interested in learning a bit more about the instrument and quickly got hooked. The electroacoustic soon followed - amazing quality for £40 and a "leftie" too! Me being me I've already started to experiment with a bit of delay :) In the meantime Em has acquired a matching charity shop ukelele too (both pink I'm afraid!) :)

Anyway congratulations on your purchase Andrew.

Best to you and Anna,

Roger

PS I am quite sharp-eyed so have of course spotted the bottle of Mahon gin in the photo :D

PPS When are you guys coming to Southsea?

Harrysong

Postby Harrysong » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Very nice. Love the body shape!

AndrewD

Postby AndrewD » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:05 pm

Ah Roger, you are a gin aficionado! It didn't take long to empty, believe me. That Menorcan stuff is just too nice...

We will get to Southsea! Just haven't managed it so far as the year has been bonkers hectic. Glad you are enjoying the ukulele though. Anna and I have seven ukes between us, of various sizes.

Roger

Postby Roger » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi Andrew!

My "spirit" days are long gone now, but I instantly recognised the bottle with it's windmill! Lovely place Menorca and we've had some great holidays there :D

Sounds as if things are pretty hectic with you both. No worries - just let us know when you might be in our area.

Best to you both,

Roger

PS What great fun ukes are!

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”