Gordon's old 1974 Dick Knight 12-string

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Trevor Raggatt

Gordon's old 1974 Dick Knight 12-string

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:44 pm

I broke up a dull day in the office today with a lunchtime stroll around Denmark street. Happened across a rather nice little gem in No.Tom Guitars... a lovely Dick Knight 12-String once owned by Gordon. If you're feeling tempted it's yours for just two and a half grand. Beautiful guitar. Here 's the link. Just lock up your credit card before you click on it...

http://notomguitars.com/collections/flat-tops/products/1974-dick-knight-12-string

BRC

Re: Gordon's old 1974 Dick Knight 12-string

Postby BRC » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Trevor,

I saw your post just before I was setting off for a meetring with former colleagues in London, on 5th August.

I always try to fit in a visit to Denmark Street on my visits to London and your post gave me added incentive to look in on No.Toms. Just looking in the window of that shop brings me over quite faint as I wonder how I would pay for an old quality guitar - especially as I could get several quite good quality new guitars for the same price. Most times I avoid taking any debit/credit cards with me, thus leaving me to be able to ponder any potetnially rash purchase. The credit card could easily take the strain of such a purchase, though whether or not I could take the strain of paying the credit card bill is another matter. Naturally, I heeded your cautionary words.

I duly entered No.Toms and quickly found the said isntrument. What a beauty. After eyeing it up for several minutes I was very tempted to ask one of the assistants if I could try out the guitar. Fortunately they were all engaged with other customers and thus avoided my embarrasing myself in having to explain why I wasn't going to purchase the guitar.

Thanks for the 'heads-up' - it added to the pleasure of the day.

Maybe Gordon could add some comments on this guitar, when time permits.

Brad

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Gordon's old 1974 Dick Knight 12-string

Postby GORDON » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:53 pm

I have owned two DK 12 strings and this indeed one of the finest examples of the great mans work.

The last DK 12 I had was in my opinion far superior in sound but had a few defects that in no way effected it's playability.

He was a legend in the guitar making world.He was Rob Armstrong's greatest influence as a maker.

Be Well.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”