Guitars (and basses and other stuff) wot I have owned...

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Trevor Raggatt

Re: Guitars (and basses and other stuff) wot I have owned...

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:37 pm

Lu_B wrote:I'm looking to add a small bodied acoustic to the family, have been looking at Furch/Stonebridge but a couple of secondhand Brook guitars have caught my eye.

I'd be interested to hear your views on them Trevor.

In an short phrase... If you see a 2nd hand Brook at a decent price... snap it up.

In a slightly longer one... They are lovely, lovely guitars and really beautifully made. I've got a Brook and a Fylde GG and imho the Brook is easily a match for the Fylde (albeit that they are totally different in every possible way... sound, feel, neck profile, weight, woods). No, I love my Brook and it is one of that guitars I will never sell and will and down to my little fella one day...

Andy and Simon who make them are real craftsmen and total gents too. However,the one word of caution I would say is that however well made a guitar is, it's only a great guitar if it sings to your heart, your ears and your fingers. But do, do, do try out those Brooks because you might just fall in love with them.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:50 am

Trevor Raggatt wrote:
Lu_B wrote:I'm looking to add a small bodied acoustic to the family, have been looking at Furch/Stonebridge but a couple of secondhand Brook guitars have caught my eye.

I'd be interested to hear your views on them Trevor.

In an short phrase... If you see a 2nd hand Brook at a decent price... snap it up.

In a slightly longer one... They are lovely, lovely guitars and really beautifully made. I've got a Brook and a Fylde GG and imho the Brook is easily a match for the Fylde (albeit that they are totally different in every possible way... sound, feel, neck profile, weight, woods). No, I love my Brook and it is one of that guitars I will never sell and will and down to my little fella one day...

Andy and Simon who make them are real craftsmen and total gents too. However,the one word of caution I would say is that however well made a guitar is, it's only a great guitar if it sings to your heart, your ears and your fingers. But do, do, do try out those Brooks because you might just fall in love with them.

I agree,cracking guitars,very English and in many ways remind me of the late great John Bailey's work.

kevin

Postby kevin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:08 pm

Incidentally, Brook guitars website is one of the best guitar makers sites I have seen. Particularly the "News" page. Look and drool!
Kind regards
Kevin

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”