GUITAR FAIR(s)

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Oldbones

GUITAR FAIR(s)

Postby Oldbones » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:38 am

It occurred to me that as guitar fairs are becoming more common these days, it might be useful to have a thread for members to post any info about events, dates and venues in their area.

To kick things off -

The Yorkshire Dales Acoustic Fair (Mojo)
Sunday 23rd March 2014
Skipton Town Hall
High St
Skipton
North Yorkshire
BD23 1AH

Other dates and venues up here in t' frozzin' north are listed here.
The last of these fairs I went to in Skipton featured both electric and acoustic but this one looks to be aimed at acoustic players ... nice one.

http://www.b-visible.co.uk/businesses/72/dates.html

A few more details here as well -

http://www.wherecanwego.com/event/65465 ... vents.aspx

http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Bradfor ... /12078658/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm hopeful that this might be a way for me to directly compare the Vintage signature Paul Brett and Gordon Giltrap 12 strings.
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.
Silence can be as eloquent as sound.

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: GUITAR FAIR(s)

Postby GORDON » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:15 pm

Hello there.

As an overview,your postings have given the anoraks here a good old shot in the arm, and it's great that you find the time to do so,and I for one appreciate your input to these pages,even though you disapprove of my Live at Huntingdon Hall DVD!

I personally am very proud of it,and think that the biographical material is of interest to folk.

Anyway,you are entitled to your opinion sir.!

Be well.

G.

Oldbones

Re: GUITAR FAIR(s)

Postby Oldbones » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:47 pm

GORDON wrote:your postings have given the anoraks here a good old shot in the arm ... I for one appreciate your input to these pages

I often think I tend to whitter on too much, but if at least something of what I post is useful to someone, then that's all I hope for.

GORDON wrote:even though you disapprove of my Live at Huntingdon Hall DVD ... I personally am very proud of it,and think that the biographical material is of interest to folk.

'disapprove' --- it was really a case of wishing I could just watch all your playing and then watch all your biography without them being intercut. More a question of my preferences for style and presentation than the actual content.

Thanks for your thoughts and response, Gordon.

I'm now hoping that I can grab a 2hr 'window of opportunity' on Sunday before some visitors arrive so that I can get to that acoustic fair where, hopefully, someone will have the Vintage PB12 and GG12 on display. I'll take my plectrum - just in case.

Regards.
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.
Silence can be as eloquent as sound.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”