Vintage VE2000GG 12 string - my experience

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

BRC

Vintage VE2000GG 12 string - my experience

Postby BRC » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:47 pm

I finally made the leap and ordered a new VE2000GG 12 string guitar, which arrived yesterday afternoon.

I have spent the last day acclimatising it to my home and tuning a semitone below standard tuning - that I may adjust in time as the guitar settles. I notice Gordon suggests a full tone below and would be interested in others experience in tuning this model.

I am not new to 12 string guitars, having owned a few over the years. My first was an EKO Ranger 12 string bought in the early 1970's. That I passed on, gratis, to a friend who wanted to try 12 string playing. I still have an Ovation Celebrity 12 string which I rarely use, plus an Epiphone DR212 which I bought very cheaply last year. So why have I bought the VE2000GG 12 string? Age is the simple answer.

Unfortunately the years have started to catch up with my hands and I find I need a much lower action. I have got the Ovation as low as is possible, but still not quite right. The Epiphone is fine as a 'give it a bash' instrument, though not as refined as I would like. I have looked around over the past year or so to see and try various 12 strings but not found any that I liked, other than a Martin DX12AE - very nice and reasonable price at around £600. I had thought about the VE2000GG about 18 months ago, however, we have 3 cats who seem to present us with vet bills just at the point where I had decided to take the plunge. This month was no exception with a £360 plus bill for our current eldest cat (he's worth it) and that seemed the end for this year of my 12 string improvement campaign.

Last Friday I received an email which led me to a website where the guitar is on offer at £369 - reasonable and tempting ... so I gave way to the temptation. The price included delivery and ordered Saturday - delivered Tuesday.

So far I am really pleased with the action, the tone and the very quick try out of the electronics part through my Boss Micro Cube - I shall wait a week or two to put it through the Marshall 100 watt amp! Capo tried up to the 7th fret works fine.

I will give the guitar an hour or so workout each day, when possible, to help it settle in, though so far there does not seem any neck adjustment needed whatsoever. The questions are then:

1. Has it improved my guitar playing? No - but it is much more comfortable to play than my other 12 string guitars.

2. Will I be able to play just like Gordon? As Eric Morecambe once said I might be able to play all the right notes "... but not necessarily in the right order." The fact that Gordon has this as his signature guitar will be as close as I get to that.

3. Anything to nit-pick about? Yes, though I feel that would be churlish in the extreme as I have a very fine guitar, a very good hardshell case to house it in (when not being played) and a bonus of a Snark guitar tuner - a surprise gift from the vendor. I didn't get the Gordon Giltrap DVD, though. I have many of his CDs plus the DVD from Huntingdon Hall, Worcester, so not a glaring omission.

I shall update my 'trials' with this instrument in a month or so time, by which time I should have been able to give a proper work out and evaluation. I am not a professional guitar player, unless you count people paying me not to play, though do enjoy playing (whether others do or don't). Hopefully my opinion and experience will be useful to other enthusiastic amateurs like me, who have to work to a budget dictated by pets.

Brad
Last edited by BRC on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

BRC

Re: Vintage VE2000GG 12 string - my experience

Postby BRC » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:15 am

Had a play-round on the VE2000GG 12 string yesterday evening, for an hour or so, and concluded that Gordon's advice/suggestion that this instrument should be tuned 2 semitones below standard makes sense. It is a 12 string version of the 6 string i.e. designed as a 6 string and thus not wise to overstress the body - the guitars and mine!

The strings still need bedding in but holds tuning very well. That is not always so with 12 stringers, particularly if using the capo - which I have taken up as far as the 9th fret. That latter act did require minor adjustment to the low E thinner string (12th), however that could have been me not placing the capo properly - something I can be a little careless at when in a hurry. Nonetheless after a good 'bash', some finger picking and gentle strumming all seems well in the world with this guitar, so far.

I should be having a rehearsal session tomorrow with some friends but a kind soul (our granddaughter) has passed on her flu/lurgy to my wife and myself thus making me vocally only suitable for 'the Frog Chorus' (and a particularly bad frog at that). Session therefore cancelled and the opportunity to use this guitar in performing with others is postponed for a week or so. That at least gives me the further time for acclimatising and settling the instrument.

My experience in the few days I have had the VE2000GG 12 string is very much positive and, hopefully, will continue to live up to that and the praise heaped on it by the various music/guitar press. I shall give an update after the postponed rehearsal has happened and used the guitar in that.

Brad

blackgold1963

Postby blackgold1963 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi Brad / Fellow Pickers :lol:
Great to hear your experiences with the GG 12 String . I bought one last December and am having a ball with it.
Agree with your comments re : tuning stability and light action . I took Gordons advice and tuned down a full tone , then use
the capo 2nd fret or elsewhere. I have also had the guitar in open G and it sounds amazing.
I have used the GG on several acoustic duo gigs now and it really gives different textures to our set, when played with a six string.
What do you plug into ?? I use a Fishman amp and sounds fab.
I look forward to hearing more news from you , as you get into the GG Super 12 !!!
best regards to all
Phil H

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:00 am

I am so pleased and relieved that the GG 12 string is bringing so much joy to all those who took that leap of faith and bought one.

THANKYOU for taking my advice and tuning down at least a tone to give the neck and the guitar a chance to operate as it should.

Well done you 12 stringers and thanks for taking the time to share.

Be well.

G.

BRC

Re: Vintage VE2000GG 12 string - my experience - update

Postby BRC » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:48 am

I have now had the guitar for 10 days and all is going well, I think.

I had a couple of days of not playing last weekend as I had a cold which affected my hearing a little, meaning it was difficult to tell if the sound was right or just my mucked-up hearing. However the last few days I am more or less back to normal (whatever that is) and all does indeed seem fine with the 12 stringer.

I think I have read here, maybe elsewhere, that some people have found the neck a bit too wide for their small hands. I am only on the diminutive size in stature and correspondingly small hands but find the width just right, particularly for finger picking, which I have found a trifle cumbersome on my Ovation Celebrity 12 string. I am not saying I am brilliant at this, just, as I prefer finger picking style, that this guitar is just right and comfortable to play.

There is a slight caveat in that when my hands are not in a cooperative mood I do have trouble with the little finger on my left hand. That is the same for whatever guitar 12 or 6 string I would be playing. One of the dubious benefits of getting older. I am only 9 months younger than Gordon, so, Gordon, if you have any tips or remedy for this let me know. I have used the spring hand exercisers over the years, but, sadly, that has not helped. My comment is somewhat rhetorical as I accept that the years, and having played most sports, they do have a wearing effect on joints. If only I had known then what I know now .......!

Still, Django Reinhardt adapted to much more debilitating circumstances and that is what I do - adapt. My real point, after whinging, is that this 12 stringer is still a suitable instrument for those with small hands.

What do I like about the guitar? Tone, looks, ease of playing (even for small hands), exceptionally good price and I shall keep playing

What don't I like about the guitar? Not having bought it sooner and thus avoided buying the Epiphone DR212 - not that there is anything wrong with it, simply that I could have saved the money and put it towards the VE2000GG.

I haven't given the electronics a proper workout yet, though will do so over the coming weeks and then update 'my experience'.

BRC

Re: Vintage VE2000GG 12 string - update 4 March 2014

Postby BRC » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Where did the month go since I received this guitar? I would like to say time flies when having fun, but when was the fun?

Okay, I have to be honest and say I have done lots of 'bits and pieces' - one of the advantages of retirement - been to the Acoustic Strawbs at the Brook Theatre, Chatham, finally fitted in the rehearsal session that I referred to above and wasted the rest of the time very pleasantly.

The guitar is settling in very nicely and an absolute delight to play. I have found myself playing this more than my 6 string Martin, mainly to get the bedding in process done as quickly as possible, though I do enjoy playing this 12 stringer. My hands have been reasonably alright over these past weeks so have afforded more than an hour a day playing time. I have even made some simple recordings through an old Korg CR-4 cassette deck that I have and very pleased with the playback sound. I have made up (I suppose I should say 'composed') a couple of instrumentals - probably stealing phrases from all over the place, though trying to avoid any Gordon Giltrap copying (just not possible). The overall feeling is that I have got myself a very fine instrument at a very good price as I don't think I would have found any better at over £1,000. Someone can tell me I am wrong, though that would be just their opinion.

Phil H - sorry I omitted answering your question as to what amp I put this through. I have a Roland Micro Cube and a Marshall MG100DFX available, though I have only used the Micro Cube so far, other than playing back through the Korg CR-4. I have to wait until I am sure all the neighbours are out before trying the Marshall - I shall give an update when I have done that, or maybe even when I have won the big one on Euromillions and moved to a secluded house. Somehow I think the latter will be a very, very long time.

I have to be honest and say that I did have some trepidation in choosing a 'Vintage' instrument as a good few years ago I bought a 6 string Vintage guitar for my eldest son, at his request, and, although he seemed pleased with it, I was not particularly smitten with the instrument. It just did not feel right in any way to me but I suppose that is why there are so many different guitar brands and models as we are all different. What suits one person may well be totally unacceptable to another - that is life.

I did finally have the rehearsal session on Monday 24th February and the reaction to the VE2000GG 12 string was very positive, to the point that we have revised certain songs to use the 12 string instead of a 6 string because it enhances the backing so much more. That is the proof of the pudding for me.

I think I have got the capo placing more or less right now, when needed - less haste, more accuracy is the motto!

I shall continue my experience with this guitar but will leave matters there for a while, unless anyone needs any further view/comments from me.

May I conclude with well done and congratulations Gordon and JHS in providing a quality instrument that doesn't bankrupt us amateurs, but does allow us the opportunity to have a well above average well manufactured guitar.

Brad

P.S. Ivor Mairants are currently selling this guitar at £350 and the 6 string version at £349 - and no I am not on commission (sadly).

BRC

Re: Vintage VE2000GG 12 string - review made for Amazon

Postby BRC » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:16 am

I suppose I should have confessed when starting this thread that I bought the guitar through Amazon - not that there is anything wrong with that. It just saved me the legwork, though I will still have a stroll around the guitar shops in Denmark Street and other place when I am in London next month.

Anyway, I have posted a review on the Amazon site and append a copy here (including any spelling/grammatical errors):

'I have had this guitar since 4th February 2014 and have spent the time getting used to it, acclimatising and essentially bedding in the instrument. That is the normal process with a guitar as it takes time to 'settle' in to the environment it is kept.

So what do I think of it? Superb in tone, action, construction, electronics (pick-up and pre-amp). The quality of this instrument is many times better than I have to expect for the price - to the point that I have tried instruments 3 or 4 times the price and been very disappointed with them. Not so with the VE2000GG 12 string, as every thing seemed just right from the moment I opened the excellent hard case it comes in (no extra cost for that) took out the guitar and started playing. The fret board width is just right for me and I have quite small hands. I tend to favour finger picking style with my guitars, something that becomes a little bit more difficult with a 12 stringer, but not this one. I have had several 12 string guitars over the 50 odd years I have been playing guitar and this one is just so far above the rest that I feel bad that I did not buy this when it was first available a couple of years ago.

I am a fairly average non-professional guitar player, but that doesn't mean I am any less demanding of an instrument - in fact the opposite, though have to ensure I get good value for money because every penny comes from my own pocket. I have several guitars - 6 and 12 string - that I have bought over the years, including Martin, Epiphone and Ovation. This guitar is not left wanting in their company.

I really do enjoy playing this instrument and would recommend this highly this guitar to any novice, intermediate or experienced player who wants a high quality guitar and at a very, very reasonable price. I wanted to say 'cheap' but thought that might convey the wrong impression - this is cheap in price but definitely not so in quality.'

Brad

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:24 am

Huge thanks Brad.

G.

Oldbones

Postby Oldbones » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:45 pm

This has proved to be a VERY informative and helpful thread. Thanks to Brad for his initial review and all his subsequent updates and comments.

In finding this thread I reckon I've discovered a hitherto unknown brother. I grabbed these snippets from various posts and with just one modification, I echo them all ....

" ...I am not new to 12 string guitars ..... Unfortunately the years have started to catch up with my hands and I find I need a much lower action ..... when my hands are not in a cooperative mood I do have trouble with the little finger on my left hand ..... I am a fairly average non-professional guitar player ..." (in my case it;s the index finger of my left hand which is uncooperative after I slashed the palm and now have no sensation in that finger which can be a real bummer as I can never tell when it's in or out of position)

Over the years (since 1963 to be exact), I've owned a Levin 12, An old-style Eko Ranger 12, an Aria 12 and a Fender 12. My current 12 is a Crafter MD50 12/N. However, I've been -acoutin' and a-browsin' and generally searching for a replacement which will better suit my particular needs and preferences. That search has boiled down to two main contenders ...

(1) The Vintage 'Gordon Giltrap signature' VE2000GG
(2) The Vintage 'Paul Brett signature' VE8000PB

There are excellent demos and examples of both on Youtube. Indeed Paul Brett's reviews of both guitars are excellent.

So which way to 'jump'? I haven't as yet found any local guitar dealers who stock either model, even when they make a point of stocking Vintage instruments. (I have no qualms about that make of guitar as I own a wonderful V100 copy of a Les Paul).

Prices for both vary, but are pretty well within similar ball parks:
> An Amazon affiliate sells the Paul Brett for 319 and Reidys offer it for 398 (but have a 'price promise' to match others where an identical instrument is on offer)
> An Amazon affiliate sells the Gordon Giltrap for 369 and Reidys offer it for 359

I've bought online from Reidys before and have always had first class service.

The issue which makes me slightly less inclined towards the GG is the fact that it is essentially a remodelled 6 string and should, Gordon attests, "... be tuned 2 semitones below standard ..." as a matter of course. That strikes me as a bit of a weakness. I well know and understand the possible problems associated with twelvestrings that are pulled up to standard tuning (which is why I always use lights or extra lights). My old Aria 12 developed a distinctive 'Fyffes-style' neck!!!

As far as I can tell so far, The Paul Brett 12 has been designed as a 12 from the word go ... but as yet I haven't fully verified that.

So - after all that waffle - has anyone had experience of both guitars and what additional comments can you offer?

Meanwhile - I'll go on my way a-browsin' and a-mooching to see what else I can find out.

--------------------------------- Update ... later the same day ----------------------------

I've carried on trying to decide between the Vintage GG and PB 12's and have found this reference to the Paul Brett which answered one of my main queries ..... "..The bridge is another unusual aspect of this guitar's construction. As it has been designed from the ground up as a 12-string, as opposed to a modified six-string model, it sports a reinforced bridge that can cope with the greatly increased load a 12-string has to bear.."
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.
Silence can be as eloquent as sound.

BRC

Postby BRC » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:39 pm

'Oldbones' -

I am pleased my comments have been of use to you. I know exactly the problems with cuts, falls, breakages, twists etc., etc. to various limbs and parts of the body over the years. Why do we do these things to ourselves when we know full well we should be keeping in shape to try to play like Gordon (in my dreams)? I would also add if that ties us to a dubious brotherhood, so be it, though maybe we could find ways of breaking these bad habits. Whoops, shouldn't have used the 'breaking' word as it only tempts fate. I have some good stories about the injuries I have suffered over my 65 years which have compromised my guitar playing, though the mere thought of them starts joints and bones aching. So, out of kindness to myself, I shall refrain.

I am scheduled for a colleague reunion visit to London early next month and hope to be able to visit Ivor Mairants and try out a Paul Brett 12 string - and, maybe, see if I can get a commission deal for the number of times I have mentioned them in this thread (fat chance, methinks). If I do then I shall certainly add comment here - an honest comment about the guitar, that is - that may help you.

I don't have a problem with the 'tone down tuning' as the bonus is it is able to accommodate my reduced vocal range. Some might not think of that as a bonus after they have suffered my vocals. As I have alluded to previously the capo placing needs to be a little more careful than on a 6 string guitar, which is not a bad thing, which is true of whatever model I have ever used.

I have used the guitar for setting down some backing tracks for rehearsal purposes for an annual show I do with some friends. They live over 40 miles away so getting together can be not as frequent as we would like. My initial recording was done on a Korg CR-4 tape deck and I am rather pleased with the results. However I need a bit more control over the tracks that the Korg affords and have dug out my Boss BR1600CD, which hasn't seen action in quite a while, so some relearning needed - which button do I press and what parameters for the vocal harmonies? I might just sit for a while and play the guitar without recording whilst I contemplate such matters.

Although I bought my VE2000GG 12 string via Amazon it did in fact come from Reidys and I agree your comments about their service.

If, by chance you do decide on the Paul Brett model before my travels I would be very interested in your experience with it. I can honestly say that I am delighted with my purchase, but always recognise that what suits me might not suit someone else - so good luck with your decision making.

Brad

Oldbones

Postby Oldbones » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:56 pm

BRC wrote:I am scheduled for a colleague reunion visit to London early next month and hope to be able to visit Ivor Mairants and try out a Paul Brett 12 string

I had an unfortunate experience in that shop a few years back when I was looking to try a Faith guitar. My wife and I had travelled to London to see family, so I 'detoured' to the Tottenham Court area. Good news was that they stocked several Faiths in their downstairs room - but the extent to which dust was settled on everything from Martins to Faiths to Breedloves was shocking. Also, the way they'd arranged them meant that to reach a guitar at the back meant risking toppling heaven knows how many hundreds of pounds worth of stock. I didn't bother and went to Hanks Guitar Shop and one other whose name I've forgotten.

Hope you have better luck.

BRC wrote:I don't have a problem with the 'tone down tuning' as the bonus is it is able to accommodate my reduced vocal range.

I've had my Crafter at both standard and one-tone-down tuning. Both work, but to my admittedly dodgey ears, the guitar rings more like a true 12 at standard. Capos really CAN be a problem can't they? I've used a G7th on a six string (VERY good but can be too heavy on a light guitar and can make it neck-heavy), so I tried a G7th for a 12 string and didn't like it at all. I mostly use Shubb capos now and I find their 12 string model is pretty good.

I don't worry about my vocal range -- it's already perfect. I know that because whenever I try to sing neighbours hammer on the walls in ecstasy; local cats try to join in and over-flying birds fall out of the sky in a swoon.

BRC wrote:If, by chance you do decide on the Paul Brett model before my travels I would be very interested in your experience with it.

If I go ahead it will be in early-to-mid April. Whatever I go for - or whether I decide to stick with the Crafter - is this the best part of Gordon's forum in which to post thoughts? I don't want to clutter up sections which should really focus on The Man, his instruments and his music? That would be especially true if, say, I was thinking of posting a review of the Paul Brett model.

On a totally different tack ..... Can you recommend any good DVD's featuring Gordon? I had one long ago which was totally wrecked by autiobiographical snippets between pretty well every piece he performed. Why that wasn't all presented as a single, coherent 'extra' I have no idea.
It isn't how fast you can play that counts - it's that you only play as fast as you need to play that is important.

BRC

Postby BRC » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:58 am

Oldbones,

Notice I have removed the quotation marks from your handle - one of those strange things that comes with age!

I have just seen your comment this morning and I don't think Gordon would object to a review of the Paul Brett 12 string. I say this because I read somewhere in this forum that Gordon referred to the very instrument, I just can't find it right now. Of course it could be down to the very nice bottle of Merlot wine that myself and wife had last night - being retired, in the sense of not having to go to work to earn a crust, these little indulgences don't have to be kept to the weekend.

Anyway, (maybe it was the bottle of wine) there are plenty of references to other makes/brands of guitars on this forum both of the electric and acoustic variety which seem not incompatible with Gordon's use of various guitars, currently and in the past.

My choice of guitars over the years has been dictated by playability and action, endurability (I just made that word up), pre-amp (where needed) and last but definitely not least, finance. In my youth I used to drool over a Martin D28 in the window of a music shop - Cranes, in Hanover Street, Liverpool - though have never been able to afford that. The price then in 1964 - 65 was £120, which I could afford now, though not the inflation linked price of today. I am still in the market for the D28 in good condition ..... at £120! I am not drooling over it still, at least not that anybody has mentioned it to me!

Your comments on the condition of display at Ivor Mairants is of concern, so, if I do manage to visit there I will update on the current state. Denmark Street itself is not quite what I remember even as short a time as 10 years ago. There seem to be shops that cater for the very cheap (notice I left out the words 'and nasty') to the ridiculously expensive old Gibsons at £5000 plus for well battered and not so certain playability. I have a collection of guitars, however, I am not a guitar collector. They must be isntruments I can play - or what passed for that.

My view is still that the VE2000GG 12 string represents very, very good value for a guitar that is at least equivalent in quality to others costing many times more and most of those will probably be best treated by tuning a semitone or full tone down. The only one of my 12 string guitars I have ever been able to keep at full standard tuning, without adverse affect, is the Ovation Celebrity. That, I suspect, is down to the particular construction of the resin bowl back and internal bracing.

Whatever your eventual decision, as long as you are content with the instrument is what really matters - and keeping an open mind on what is available to suit your finances.

The only DVD I have currently is the one made at the Huntingdon Hall theatre in Worcester in 2007, I think - is that the one you have?

Good fortune in your quest - maybe I can give you feedback on the Paul Brett in good time.

Brad

Oldbones

Postby Oldbones » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:31 am

BRC wrote:I don't think Gordon would object to a review of the Paul Brett 12 string.

Hope so - maybe Sue or Gordon can confirm and point me towards the best area of the forum to upload any reviews of non-GG guitars.

BRC wrote:My choice of guitars over the years has been dictated by playability and action, endurability (I just made that word up), pre-amp (where needed) and last but definitely not least, finance.

This getting frightening because that sounds exactly like me as well. Over the years since I acquired my first guitar in …. Oh Gawd how long ago was it???? ….. 1959 or 60, I think, I’ve also had, sold or exchanged quite a few in search of those illusive godsends which had the right ‘feel’ to inspire me to play them a lot more than the previous one(s) I’d owned. To be brutally honest, I've almost always and certainly been in search of the impossible because, of course, the main failings weren’t in the guitars but in me and my lacklustre attempts to put in the required hours of serious practise.

Anyway, the net result is that I do now have a collection of instruments which I seriously enjoy playing and messing about with.
For the record, these are –

Acoustics
An Admira Capricho classical (nice mellow sound, not the ‘brittle’ tones some classicals have)
A sublime Taylor GS Mini – amazing sound for what is essentially a travel guitar.
A heavy, loud and very nice Crafter MD50 12/N twelve string. (Traditional dreadnought style)
A LAG parlour electro – now no longer in production. Great fun to play, with an innovative but not totally successful electro system using 5 presets instead of the usual EQ. I’ll probably sell this one soon.
A Brunswick baritone ukulele – cheap, cheerful and great fun.

Electrics
A thoroughly gorgeous PRS semi-hollow with an action that you only have to breathe on.
An excellent Vintage V100 ‘Iced Tea’ which is a heavy but extremely playable version of a Les Paul.
An Epiphone ‘Invader’ which was originally sold as part of a beginners’ starter kit in Europe. It’s actually a very nice copy of a single-pickup Gibson Junior. Very little is known about these guitars, so I made an upload for Youtube explaining everything I’d been able to find out about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TofZAAKdEq0

BRC wrote:Your comments on the condition of display at Ivor Mairants is of concern, so, if I do manage to visit there I will update on the current state.

Hopefully I just hit an atypical period in the shop's history because, let's face it, they're famous. I can't imagine they'd stay in husiness if what I encountered was their everyday way of doing business.

BRC wrote:My view is still that the VE2000GG 12 string represents very, very good value for a guitar that is at least equivalent in quality to others costing many times more

Good to hear. Of all the clips I've been able to find, the GG does seem to have a richer sound than the PB - but as yet I've not found any clips of Gordon playing this particular sugnature guitar. (I've posted a query about this elsewhere in the forum together with a self-introduction)

BRC wrote:Whatever your eventual decision, as long as you are content with the instrument is what really matters - and keeping an open mind on what is available to suit your finances.

Mmm - the 'open mind' bit sometimes goes out of the window. The PRS I mentioned cost quite a lot and I really went beyond what i could then afford. But now I don't regret it as it's a lovely guitar to play.

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:35 am

BRC wrote:
I don't think Gordon would object to a review of the Paul Brett 12 string.

Oldbones wrote:
Hope so - maybe Sue or Gordon can confirm and point me towards the best area of the forum to upload any reviews of non-GG guitars.

You're very welcome to post any reviews of any guitars, equipment etc. Here in the "Guitar Anoraks" section would be the ideal place.

Sue
GG webmaster

Oldbones

Postby Oldbones » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:45 am

Thanks for that Sue - and thanks for your speedy response to my query elsewhere about any videos of Gordon playing his Vintage signature 12 string. Good to see his fingers on the frets and to hear what he can do with it. One day the lad will become famous ......

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”