Ooooooouch!

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

matt

Ooooooouch!

Postby matt » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:29 am

This is worse that my old piano stretches by a MILE!

Ouch! Any real tips or is it just keep going till the muscles and tendons (and quite possibly bone) accept the task at hand?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-a-N0UoK8U&hd=1

Edit - I'm surprised at how well the 'super glue' trick works for me... :shock: :D
Damn... broke a nail

Bob Wilson

Re: Ooooooouch!

Postby Bob Wilson » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:02 am

Nice! :D
No short cuts I afraid. It is a little easier on big stretches if you raise the headstock a few inches. This makes it a little more natural for the arm/hand (works when beginning barre chords too) but just the willingness to keep on practicing is the only way to get it :D (or a God given talent like Mr G)
Bob
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

matt

Postby matt » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:43 am

Bob Wilson wrote:Nice! :D
No short cuts I afraid. It is a little easier on big stretches if you raise the headstock a few inches. This makes it a little more natural for the arm/hand (works when beginning barre chords too) but just the willingness to keep on practicing is the only way to get it :D

Bugger... right then... if anyone hears a muffled girly scream followed by the sound of a mid range cort guitar being turned into firewood pay no attention...

Bob Wilson wrote: (or a God given talent like Mr G)

Voodoo witchcraft material ... I keep saying it but there's nowt holy about it... without question a deal with a dodgy looking fella with a bad rep... and no I don't mean Ronald McDonald (although certainly 2nd in line on the evil list!) :twisted:
Damn... broke a nail

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Matt,

Ouch? You should check out some of Allan Holdsworth's playing... :wink:

Ooooooooouuuuuch!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWPLaY9SyOY

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Trevor Raggatt wrote:Matt,

Ouch? You should check out some of Allan Holdsworth's playing... :wink:

Ooooooooouuuuuch!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWPLaY9SyOY

Alan's playing is on another dimension,very very scary and off the scale technically.Well done Trev for mentioning this extraordinary player.Both Ric Sanders and John Etheridge have worked with him.I met him once.G.

Roger

Postby Roger » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Hmm................that first album by UK - Allan Holdsworth, Bill Bruford, John Wetton and Eddie Jobson :D Amazing stuff :D

matt

Postby matt » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:34 am

Not a chance those fingers are real! Obviously replaced with extra long bionic ones :shock:

Crazy skills... Not my sort of listening but the appreciation for the untold hours to get to the standards of all the people on that stage... I was also impressed by the six string bassist...

Cheers for sharing that one... :D

I'll just try not to complain too much about it! :oops: Any other Giltrap signature tips and tricks knocking around that might help me out does anyone know... in the meantime I'll go back to sobbing in the corner hugging my favourite wood pick and wait for my fingers to agree to the punishing new regime! :mrgreen:
Damn... broke a nail

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”