VIntage. GG Deluxe

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

gahunt

Re: VIntage. GG Deluxe

Postby gahunt » Thu May 09, 2013 10:59 am

A short (not very good!) review on my blog http://guitarsandlife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/what-you-do-when-off-sick-vintage.html

There are a couple of videos of me playing it - Isabella's Wedding and David Mead's Unseen Sunlight.

Super guitar loving owning it

slidefever

Re: VIntage. GG Deluxe - My Amazon Review

Postby slidefever » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:19 am

Hi Guys,

You may be interested in my hands on review of the Vintage GG Deluxe:

'This guitar is superbly made and bonkers value for money, the pickup alone would cost £279 plus fitting (£50?). Solid wood top and back (laminated sides for rigidity) ebony board and understated appointments make this a keeper. Even the case is high quality and would probably cost £100. It has a nice chunky neck and wide fingerboard. The action is quite high from the factory but it suits my slide guitar style really well even with the light gauge strings (12s). The slightly unusual shape with the pinched waist makes the guitar sit on your thigh nice and securely, it really snuggles into your body nicely. Don't be put off by the 'baseball bat neck' description, it is no where near as chunky as the necks on my National and Dobro resonator guitars. But, is substantial enough to be of use to me for my style. It works well in altered tunings and stays in tune nicely. It has grover tuners and a nice sound hole abalone inlay. This must be one of the best value for money guitars on the market at the moment. Well done Gordon Giltrap, Rob Armstrong and JHS for creating a top notch boutique style guitar that is within the reach of Joe Public and working musicians'.

Chris Watkins - Slide Guitar

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: VIntage. GG Deluxe - My Amazon Review

Postby GORDON » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:08 am

slidefever wrote:Hi Guys,

You may be interested in my hands on review of the Vintage GG Deluxe:

'This guitar is superbly made and bonkers value for money, the pickup alone would cost £279 plus fitting (£50?). Solid wood top and back (laminated sides for rigidity) ebony board and understated appointments make this a keeper. Even the case is high quality and would probably cost £100. It has a nice chunky neck and wide fingerboard. The action is quite high from the factory but it suits my slide guitar style really well even with the light gauge strings (12s). The slightly unusual shape with the pinched waist makes the guitar sit on your thigh nice and securely, it really snuggles into your body nicely. Don't be put off by the 'baseball bat neck' description, it is no where near as chunky as the necks on my National and Dobro resonator guitars. But, is substantial enough to be of use to me for my style. It works well in altered tunings and stays in tune nicely. It has grover tuners and a nice sound hole abalone inlay. This must be one of the best value for money guitars on the market at the moment. Well done Gordon Giltrap, Rob Armstrong and JHS for creating a top notch boutique style guitar that is within the reach of Joe Public and working musicians'.

Chris Watkins - Slide Guitar

You have said it all my friend...THANKYOU.

G.

slidefever

Re: VIntage. GG Deluxe

Postby slidefever » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 am

My pleasure!

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”