VIntage. GG Deluxe

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

Roger

Re: VIntage. GG Deluxe

Postby Roger » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 am

Brilliant Trevor! :D :D :D

slidefever

Postby slidefever » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:05 pm

I've contacted 2 retailers who claim they could get a GG DLX guitar before the end of Feb. One of them had apparently paid for a guitar he thought he had in stock, but didn't! Gear4music dont actually have one in stock and give an 'estimated' delivery date. So I won't be parting with any hard earned cash unless I know definitely that I 'm actually going to get the guitar sometime very soon after I've paid for it!

Oh the pain!!!!!

Regards to all

Probably a daft question for Gordon, but is the GG DLX a significant improvement on the award winning GG 2000 and worth twice the price?

Chris

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:23 pm

Not played the Deluxe yet (I wish!) but looking at the spec comparisons it really is a significant jump in spec from the stardard model (which as we all know is a cracker of a guitar already!).

for instance, the Deluxe has rosewood rather than mahogany which is a much more expensive tonewood. Plus you're talking a solid rosewood back rather than laminated mahogany. Then there's the pickiup. Nothing wrong with the Fishman Presys but hte Rare Earth Blend is a huge step up - and ith's the authentic GG-preferred pickup. then you've got ebony rather than rosewood for the bridge adn fingerboard blus a bit of subtle inlaid fingerboard bling in abalone.

Those upgrade will all add up both tonally and in terms of VFM.

Plus spec for spec it just blows anything else in the £6-700 market out of the water...

slidefever

Postby slidefever » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 pm

I actually agree with you on all of the points you raised. I was just wondering what made Vintage decide to try and (probably succeed) in improving an already award winning design. Did they see a gap in the market? I will certainly be trying one out asap.

Regards

Chris

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Most likely the ability to take a (newly) proven design and place it at different price/specification points so as to capture/open up different segments of the market.

It the same approach taken by pretty much every manufacturer - hence the fact that you can get a pretty similar looking Fender(or subsid) built Strat at every price point from £70 to £15,000

slidefever

Postby slidefever » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Yes, makes sense, I'm sure they don't go in to these things lightly. I'm just marking time really until they have some in the country (probably April).

Regards

Chris :)

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:33 am

I'm currently gigging with my GG deluxe and I promise you it's a stunner.Soundwise it is far richer and does indeed sound more expensive than its older brother.

This guitar is a winner and like you guys,I look forward to getting hold of a production model to take on the road.

Be well chaps.

G.

slidefever

Postby slidefever » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi Gordon and everyone,

Does anybody know the depth of the neck at the first fret on the GG DLX?

Regards

Chris

slidefever

Postby slidefever » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi Guys,

Forgot to ask as wel :roll: l, what gauge strings will the production model GG DLX be fitted with?

Thanks

Chris W

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi slide fever.I should know the answer to the first question but sadly I don't! I'm sure the details are on the JHS website.All I know is that if it feels right and sounds right I play it!

String fitted are I believe USA strings Dadario 12 gauge.

Hope this helps sir and thanks for asking.

Forgive the vague answer my friend..

Be well.

G.

slidefever

Postby slidefever » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the swift response; either way, I'm going to try one mail order. I was hoping some kind soul who has its older brother would kindly measure theirs. I've heard the back contour described as 'baseball bat' so I'm hoping it really is like a baseball bat!

Regards

Chris

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Sounds like the right description sir!

I love it.

G.

slidefever

Postby slidefever » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:11 pm

Well,

I'M EXCITED NOW! :D

gahunt

Vintage. GG Deluxe - I got one!!

Postby gahunt » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 am

I've got one!!!! I popped into Ivor Mairants yesterday lunchtime and saw the new deluxe hanging on the wall. Before I'd plugged it in I knew I was going to buy it - a quick D chord and then some doddling and I loved it.

Now a stable-mate to my GG 12 string. I've a gig on 2nd June where it'll get it's first live outing unless I do an open mic before hand.

Really sounds great in Drop D or DADGAD.

Fantastic for the money it has to be said - I mean the pickup only is at least £200 as a retrofit item and the case is as good as ones costing over £100... It is almost like you get this superb guitar for free!

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Vintage. GG Deluxe - I got one!!

Postby GORDON » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:08 pm

gahunt wrote:I've got one!!!! I popped into Ivor Mairants yesterday lunchtime and saw the new deluxe hanging on the wall. Before I'd plugged it in I knew I was going to buy it - a quick D chord and then some doddling and I loved it.

Now a stable-mate to my GG 12 string. I've a gig on 2nd June where it'll get it's first live outing unless I do an open mic before hand.

Really sounds great in Drop D or DADGAD.

Fantastic for the money it has to be said - I mean the pickup only is at least £200 as a retrofit item and the case is as good as ones costing over £100... It is almost like you get this superb guitar for free!

That is WONDERFUL news,it has made my day!

Be well and enjoy.

G.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”