An earworm riff to develop..!!!!

Here you can discuss details about instruments, equipment and all those other bits that non-musicians won't understand !

Moderator: GORDON

vigman

An earworm riff to develop..!!!!

Postby vigman » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi again..after a long break

I have had this simple earworm riff I made up running round my head for nearly 50 years. I normally play it slower and on a 6 string acoustic. This was a first attempt at recording to PC..complete with 'fluff!' My arthritis is so bad that I didn't do a second take...this is just a musical doodle complete with fluff in the middle.

I wrote to Gordon as I would like someone to do something to it and take it further.....and he kindly suggested putting it on the forum.

My arthritis is now so severe that I have lost my job and am worried that I will not be able to play my 20+ guitars for much longer.

I used to be a pretty good six string picker and learnt from people like Gordon when I played every week at The Sloop Inn when running the Isle of Wight Folk Club and we had guests like him (in the late 60s early 70s)

Anyway. don't laugh too loud....

http://soundcloud.com/jdennington-1/jon-earworm-riff

Vigman
Gordon signed my guitar at the Sloop Inn, IOW, 1969/70 whilst I was in the resident band "Witchazel"!.....and now at Cassington Village Hall October 2008.

vigman

Re: An earworm riff to develop..!!!!

Postby vigman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:45 am

....oh dear....tumbleweed.......................... :oops:

I don't want to take anyone's name in vain here, but Gordon suggested that Ash Gannicott might be able to develop/extend that little riff.......??

Cheers

Vigman

PS Now I have nearly migrated to Cubase and can mix live guitar audio via a Line 6 Toneport UX2 and add MIDI I hope to come up with some much better samples! :lol:
Gordon signed my guitar at the Sloop Inn, IOW, 1969/70 whilst I was in the resident band "Witchazel"!.....and now at Cassington Village Hall October 2008.

Return to “Guitar Anoraks Forum”