Wot...? Christmas AGAIN????

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

AndrewD

Wot...? Christmas AGAIN????

Postby AndrewD » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:02 pm

I can't believe that it is only 2 weeks to Christmas Day. So I would just like to say....

where the heck has the last 12 months gone???????? :shock:

No, seriously:

Merry Christmas, Season's Greetings and a Glorious Winterval, or whatever else is your particular seasonal delight, to everyone on the forum, especially:
Sue - for all her hard work in keeping the forum (an all of us) on the straight and narrow, especially having started a new job in the latter part of this year
Mike - for all his Sound advice ( :) )
Russ - for keeping us all abreast of Ash's adventures
Bob - for being Bob and doing the transcription thang
Roger - for being the inspiration for Em's tune, a lovely piece
Gordon (of course) - without whom we would not all be here talking to each other and appreciating his music (and the music of others), and his lovely wife Hilary (looking forward to seeing you both in 2011)
and all you other contributors in Giltrapland out there, whether musicians, wannabe musicians or just appreciators of the music.

May you all have the very best for 2011 and catch up with you all then!

Mike Stranks

Postby Mike Stranks » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks Andrew!

... and the compliments of the season to you and yours. :) ... and, of course, to all other forumites. (I hereby award this year's Concert Attendance Prize to Keith Meredith :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Maybe one day we WILL meet! :lol:

All the very best. Mike
The older I get, the better I used to be

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:21 am

Ahhhhh.... thanks for those kind words Andrew. :oops:

Mike and I would like to wish all forum readers a very Happy Christmas - see some of you at a gig somewhere.... like Coolham tonight maybe ?:lol:

We saw Gordon since last Sunday when he was the highlight of the Butlins Festival - back to earth tonight at a village hall but two great weekends in a row then no more Gordon gigs for us until Feb... :cry:

Sue
GG webmaster

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:23 pm

Many thanks for the good wishes Andrew and Teresa and Seasons Greetings to you both.
True the year has gone very quickly. Hopefully, in the not too distance future, we will eventually meet at a Gordon gig. In the meantime have a great Christmas and New Year (the snow certainly makes Christmas seem nearer, and you must have loads there!!! :) )
We would also like to wish A Merry Christmas to all forum members and a very Happy New Year.
Be well all
Bob and Jane
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

keithmeredith

Postby keithmeredith » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Many thanks for your sentiment Andrew.

Although I have 'Bah, Humbug' tendencies, Fiona and I would like to echo those good wishes and extend seasonal festive greetings to all members of this forum and their families.

Didn't know there was an attendance contest, Mike. What's the prize?

Keith & Fiona

Roger

Postby Roger » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Andrew,

Thanks for your kind words, but in truth I wasn't the inspiration for "Em's Tune". That honour goes to Emily herself, who incidently has been an absolute star during Dad's recent and continued illness. Add to that the rare insight and brilliant creative skills of the GREAT Gordon Giltrap and there you have it - nothing to do with me :D

Anyway Andrew I guess it's time to wish a Merry Xmas and happy 2011 to you and yours, Gordon and Hilary and all of our many friends here at the GG (or should that be the GGG?) forum. As you say, special mention should go to Sue for all of her fine work that keeps the website current and "alive".

Best to all,

Roger & Em x

Mike Stranks

Postby Mike Stranks » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:42 am

keithmeredith wrote: Although I have 'Bah, Humbug' tendencies...

Surely not? You're one of the most affable and humorous people I know... you know even more jokes than I do!

Didn't know there was an attendance contest, Mike. What's the prize?

I'll buy you a small beverage next time I see you! :lol:
The older I get, the better I used to be

piotrwargan

Merry Christmas !!!

Postby piotrwargan » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:36 pm

May only good things be with Gordon and his team in the New Year!
My resolution for 2011 is to finally make it to the place where he plays :-)

Thanks again for your music!

Piotr in Poland :D

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:13 pm

It will be a joy to see you my friend.

Be Well this Christmas.

G.

Russ Gannicott

Postby Russ Gannicott » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:28 am

A very merry Christmas, and hopefully happy and healthy new year to you all. This forum is one of the greatest networking mediums around and I am delighted to have met so many wonderful people through it.

Thank you all also who have voiced their support for Ash over the past year - he really appreciates it! He has just landed a few good supports for next year with Dr Feelgood, Wilco Johnson, and following a recent meeting with Paul Jones, possibly something with The Blues Band and maybe even the Manfreds....so things are looking rosy! He is loving his GG Signature Vintage...when he can prise it out of my hands. We are still both blown away by this guitar and amongst the rather high number of guitar aquisitions this year...(Shergold 12, Knobbly Ned, Gretsch Corvette etc) this has to be our shared favourite.....shared that is with the unbelievable ex-Gordon ESP custom Telecaster!

Once again, have a great Christmas guys and thank you to Gordon, Hillary and Sue for making all this possible!!!

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:12 pm

We are a small family but beautifully marked!

Thanks for all your support guys. Love to the family, and great news about Ash!

G.x

Trevor Raggatt

Postby Trevor Raggatt » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Time to sign off the interwebthingy for the Christmas season. Just wanted to wish everybody here a fabulously Happy Christmas and a very merry New Year.

All the best for 2011.

God bless,

Trevor and Thea x

Return to “General Chat”