Sir Ken Dodd

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

Tom McCauley

Sir Ken Dodd

Postby Tom McCauley » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi all,

I woke up this morning to the sad news that the legendary Sir Ken Dodd has died at the age of 90 just two days after he got married.

Tom
Tom McCauley

sultan4swing

Re: Sir Ken Dodd

Postby sultan4swing » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 am

I read about this by chance yesterday online.... I can't say how sad I am to hear he had passed away.... he was still planning many touring dates.... as he always did.... living for work and living for his audiences.... The man was and always, especially compared with today's generation of so-called comedians, will be a legend, the epitomy of comic genius.... I was so lucky to get to see him once and it was a marathon expereince I will remember for ever. We had to leave at the interval - it was already 11pm.... !!!!! The length of his performances was legendary - some record - 1500 jokes in 3 hours..... my wife reckons even I don't come anywhere close... !!!!! Some red eyes in our house at the moment... RIP Sir Ken Dodd and thanks for all the memories and making so many people feel good... !!

Tom McCauley

Re: Sir Ken Dodd

Postby Tom McCauley » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:38 pm

My mum went to see him a few years ago and he didn't stop until just after midnight....
Tom McCauley

Return to “General Chat”