Hello from Essex

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

PaulJ

Hello from Essex

Postby PaulJ » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:56 am

Hi There.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for introductions, so please feel free to move / remove if it isn't.

I'm a 56 year old keen a amateur photographer and music fan. I like most types of music from "classic" classical (not much into avant-garde / modern stuff) to heavy metal. Although I've strummed a few chords (little more) since my late teens, I'm currently taking guitar lessons (tablature and "cheats", not learning the dots) so I can play along with records / CDs a bit more confidently.

Incidentally, although I've lived in Essex for the last 19 years, I'm originally from Stockport and have lived in Newcastle Upon Tyne and Perth (the Scottish one), moving around the country as a result of work demands.

I heard Gordon's music back when Heartsong was released but I sort of lost track with his music until fairly recently. I'm so glad I've re-discovered his music.

My wife and I attended Gordon's concert in Chelmsford on Saturday evening. It was fantastic. I'd played my wife a few of Gordon's pieces of music beforehand but she was blown away by the musicality and dexterity of a real guitar player.

Anyway, enough about me. I hope to meet some / all of you in the coming months and years.

Return to “General Chat”