Popped in to say hello

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

AndrewD

Popped in to say hello

Postby AndrewD » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 am

Hi all. I've not been around here for a while, mostly as life seems to have been insanely busy since Anna and I got married last year. I can't believe we've passed the 15 months marker now!

I'm still being musical and have taken up piano, an instrument I wanted to play when much younger. As it's my 50th birthday in a couple of weeks I bought myself a Kawai digital piano (which is lovely) as a present to myself and am taking lessons. I learned a few party pieces over the years but have never been a serious player. It's improving my sight reading no end! I'm still playing guitar but a bit less as I have been diagnosed with Dupuytren's Contracture in my left hand, moderately inconvenient but it isn't causing any problems yet apart from the occasional ache and I can still flex my fingers back. Eventually I will probably need surgery but that will only fix things for a while as it will come back.

I'm thinking of arranging some favourite GG pieces for piano! That would be fun. If I do I will record them and share them.

Piotr - did you enjoy Loving Vincent? For any fans of Vincent Van Gogh this film is amazing - the world's first oil-painted movie, 65000 frames of oil paintings on canvases 1m x 70cm painted from footage shot on film.

Anna and I are off to Cardiff on 11th to see Gordon and Carrie - anyone else going?

piotrwargan

Re: Popped in to say hello

Postby piotrwargan » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi Andrew,

The film was just amazing!

Lucky you two to hear Gordon and Carrie soon - have fun!

All the best to Anna and you,

Piotr and Ania

Return to “General Chat”