Hello to all

The social chat group. The place for the completely off-topic stuff - general chit-chat, things like that - No music here!

Moderator: GORDON

Bruce

Hello to all

Postby Bruce » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi,

Just a quick introduction post from a newbie.

I'm from Scotland, 37 years old, been playing guitar for about 23 years though it's taken a bit of back seat since the death of a good friend who was also the bass player in the band I used to be in, I took up martial arts not long after that and it's pretty much taken over all my spare time. Not sure what took me back looking at guitars but today I took delivery of a Vintage VE2000DLX along with a copy of Time to Reflect (which I'm listening to now).

I've never been much of an acoustic player have pretty much always played electrics but always loved hearing a good acoustic player. Gordon's total guitar articles always had me reach for my acoustic though back when I was starting out so this was the reason for me seeking out Gordon's music again now.

In addition I'm off down to Silverstone for a ferrari drive and see Gordon is playing near by so have reserved a couple of tickets so see the man himself live at St Nicholas church :D

If anyone can suggest any good tab books (Gordon or others) to seek out please let me know.

Roger USA

Re: Hello to all

Postby Roger USA » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:07 pm

Welcome Bruce!

In the discography on this website you will find at the bottom right a link to a page titled "Music Books" which includes a number of books of Gordon's music.

The Music Books main page has a link to Lathkill Music Publishers where you can buy a large selection of Gordon's compositions as individual PDF files. Their site also includes Raymond Burley's arrangements of a number of pieces of Gordon's music in standard tuning from Raymond's "The Long Road Home" album.

All The Best,

Roger

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Thanks Roger for replying so perfectly.Be Well.

G.

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Thanks Roger, much appreciated :D Should really have searched the site before posting but was keen to post a quick hello.

I've ordered Total Giltrap, A Special Collection and Classic Giltrap so that should keep me busy for a long time.

Gordon I have to say it great to see how actively involved you are on the forum, I've spent a while reading through historic posts and it's refreshing to see the interaction.

Roger USA

Postby Roger USA » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Yes, they should keep your fingers moving for quite some time!

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi Bruce and welcome!
You might want to check
News/Tips and Tabs
as there are a few tabs and also a sheet of Gordons alternative tunings for his songs.
Have fun
Bob
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Thanks Bob :D I'll head over there for a look.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:46 am

Hi Bruce

I forgot to thank you for purchasing the GG deluxe.

I love mine to death , use them on stage and am proud to have my name associated with such great product.

Get yours set up well and it will give years of great service.

Be well.

G.

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Thanks Gordon, very pleased with the guitar,such a nice tone from it.

The set ups not to bad as it is, actions perhaps a bit high and intonation up the dusty end is a tiny bit off but sure a good set up will cure that.

Looking forward to seeing you and the deluxe in action on the 6th April :D

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Just been having a look to see who in my area does set ups and looks like the guy who used to do them years ago has noted on his site he's done work for you in the past, small world it seems!

He's call Rod Vaughan http://rvguitars.co.uk/celebrity-clientele/

Return to “General Chat”