Whimple

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Jon G

Whimple

Postby Jon G » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:24 am

Aiming to come and see what's happening at Whimple on Sunday. A bunch of saxophone players seems to be coming too. Looking forward to a great evening.

Will the Whombles be there?
Nothing can possibly go wrong...

Jon G

Re: Whimple

Postby Jon G » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:02 am

Well, that was rather good, despite the strange proliferation of intervals (shorten the first band's set, then double the interval ... wot's that all about?).

Great to renew your acquaintance, Gordon and Hilary, and the sax players enjoyed it. Julian was knocked out that you remembered having your photo taken with him decades ago (he didn't mention he's a useful baritone player), and Andy (tenor/alto), Wendy (soprano) and Theresa (trumpet) had a great time. I know a trumpet isn't a sax, but hey.

Living now in one of these outlying villages I realise how much they appreciate getting such a fantastic show on their own doorstep. Thanks so much for doing them - and of course thanks particularly for doing this one. And for resurrecting "Ive's Horizon", which of course was where I came in with the Contemprary Guitar Sampler back in 69, or whatever.

Cynth of course goes back to '68 and Les Cousins with her friend Vicky.
Nothing can possibly go wrong...

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Whimple

Postby GORDON » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Good to see you both again guys. What an interesting evening!

Thanks for coming and Be Well Both.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”