Saturday - it must be Barford

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

John Adams

Saturday - it must be Barford

Postby John Adams » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:30 am

Another great concert as part of the Live and Local series, tickets were sold out weeks in advance for this event, which appeared to be supported by the whole of Barford!
Almost without exception the audience was spellbound by Gordon’s playing, unfortunately one very nice couple who had taken Gordon’s “passing resemblance to Billy Connolly” a little too seriously and were expecting a comedian who played the ukulele!
We were treated to the same set as at Banbury on Thursday (not a bad thing) with the addition of a special request for Here Comes The Sun – thank you!
Gordon was on top form once again, with breathtaking renditions of Down the River and Dodo’s Dream, without a doubt the best I have heard to date! All in all, a very impressive preview of the forthcoming Shining Morn tour for 2010.
Whether it was the acoustics in the hall or Mike Stranks’ undoubted ability in getting the best from Gordon’s performance this event was amongst the best we have attended and one we will remember for a long time!
We received a warm welcome from everyone involved in the preparation for this concert and the wonderful buffet included in the price was an unexpected (and very pleasant) surprise.
A big thank you to Wendy and her team for all the work they put into making this event such an outstanding success.
May I add my voice to many others in the audience who asked “when can we get Gordon back?”
Both Pauline and I are looking forward to Bretforton and the release of the new Shining Morn CD!
:D

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Saturday - it must be Barford

Postby GORDON » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:13 pm

John Adams wrote:Another great concert as part of the Live and Local series, tickets were sold out weeks in advance for this event, which appeared to be supported by the whole of Barford!
Almost without exception the audience was spellbound by Gordon’s playing, unfortunately one very nice couple who had taken Gordon’s “passing resemblance to Billy Connolly” a little too seriously and were expecting a comedian who played the ukulele!
We were treated to the same set as at Banbury on Thursday (not a bad thing) with the addition of a special request for Here Comes The Sun – thank you!
Gordon was on top form once again, with breathtaking renditions of Down the River and Dodo’s Dream, without a doubt the best I have heard to date! All in all, a very impressive preview of the forthcoming Shining Morn tour for 2010.
Whether it was the acoustics in the hall or Mike Stranks’ undoubted ability in getting the best from Gordon’s performance this event was amongst the best we have attended and one we will remember for a long time!
We received a warm welcome from everyone involved in the preparation for this concert and the wonderful buffet included in the price was an unexpected (and very pleasant) surprise.
A big thank you to Wendy and her team for all the work they put into making this event such an outstanding success.
May I add my voice to many others in the audience who asked “when can we get Gordon back?”
Both Pauline and I are looking forward to Bretforton and the release of the new Shining Morn CD!
:D

Hi John.

Thanks as ever for those oh so very kind words and a personal THANKYOU to you for always taking the time to write a review of the shows you attend. I have to say that the chaps comments did throw me a bit. I know he didn't mean to be insulting but bless him....he was!All of that aside it was a fun night wasn't it!

As ever great to see Pauline and yourself and we look forward to next week and my three nights of fund raising at The Fleece.Once again Mike will be doing the sound(bless him) so we are in safe hands there!

Be very well both.

GH.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”