The Mill - Banbury

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

John Adams

The Mill - Banbury

Postby John Adams » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:03 am

Another great concert at The Mill – lots of new material including Shining Morn (title track from the new CD and 2010 tour) Rachel’s Reflections and two new tunes we hadn’t heard before, Em’s Tune and Ladies in Lichfield, the latter played along with Down The River on a very mellow Yamaha guitar not seen before!
Put into retirement was the £5 car boot guitar (replaced by a Roger Williams replica I think?) and the Line 6 Variax which was replaced by a Steve Toon hollow bodied electric guitar.
Gordon was on top form tonight, as always the audience were enthralled and even after the encore the audience were left wanting more!!
We are both looking forward to Barford on Saturday!

Bob Wilson

Postby Bob Wilson » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:57 pm

I totally agree John!
Great to see Gordon playing Em's Tune (one' of my favourite new tunes). It felt a little odd to see him playing a Yamaha, albeit a hand-built Yamaha, but what a wonderful sound it produced, great depth, and it suited Lichfield Ladies and Down the River so well. We thoroughly enjoyed the concert and it was great to meet old friends again.
We are looking forward to the Shining Morn tour and hope the new material is as well received as it was at this concert.
Bob and Jane
Lives touch and paths cross for a reason - be grateful for these meetings and grow as a person

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”