Bulkington Village Centre

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

keithmeredith

Bulkington Village Centre

Postby keithmeredith » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi.
After a busy fortnight work wise and a long winter of depressingly awful weather, what an absolute pleasure to have our spirits lifted by attending a GG gig. This venue was much over subscribed last year and has been on the future concerts listing on this forum almost since that gig's encore. Once again I'm glad I booked early.

From the off Fiona and I relaxed into the musical warmth that trademarks our Troubadour's concerts. The music - including pieces included on the forthcoming album "Shining Morn" - together with Gordon's humorous, self deprecating anecdotes wove a magical spell over an audience that was soooooooo quiet while he played.

Two gentlemen who sat behind us were clearly musiciians as they had been examining and discussing Gordon's kit beforehand. When Gordon asked if there were any guitarists in the audience, a very quiet voice behind us expressed mock despair to his friend that he didn't think he could now describe himself thus. Praise from a fellow afficianado methinks.

Apart from the music, one of the great pleasures of attending GG gigs is meeting up with fellow forum members. We enjoyed chatting with John & Pauline Adams (trust that you recover from your cold soon Mrs A) Mike Stranks - who was putting his expertise as sound man to good use - and of course Hilary and G himself : who make everyone feel welcome and at ease.

I've already booked ahead another six or so gigs {so far} so I look forward to meeting more of you in due course.

Roll on next weekend and the gig at Shilton, Warwickshire. See you there.

Keith & fiona xx

John Adams

Postby John Adams » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:12 pm

As always a warm welcome and a great atmosphere when we visit Bulkington, our disappointment in not winning the raffle was soon forgotten as Gordon enthralled a very appreciative audience – silence was the order of the day whilst the master played and the audience sat in awe!
Gordon once again opened the show with Shining Morn (a taster of what we have to come in 2010?) quickly followed by Dublin Day and many of our favourites. Rachel’s Reflection (another new piece) received a great reception along with the new treatment of Ives Horizon on the 12 string Fylde which always brings a smile to our face even if it does have a passing reference to the 1960’s (not a bad thing!)
The full array of guitars was used to provide the ultimate entertainment experience, never a dull moment at a GG concert!
It was great to meet Keith and Fiona again this year even if it does mean I’m another year older! We look forward to meeting many of the other Forum members in Banbury, Barford, Wakefield or South Moulton.
Many thanks to Gordon, Hilary and all the other people who worked so hard to make this another great event.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:59 am

Gentlemen. Thankyou both so much for those kind words.

Be Well all.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”