Customs House - South Shields

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Blix2112

Customs House - South Shields

Postby Blix2112 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi,

Only the second time I have seen you live but what a show, thanks for the fabulous music and the amusing anecdotes, a great venue with a very personal feel.

Regards
Michael
"We are 100% snaffood"

erniewoodhall

South Shields

Postby erniewoodhall » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Though it's been a while since I last saw Mr G (for a variety of reasons) it was marvellous to see him again on Thursday at Shields. A great sound, super playing as always and of course the legendary GG wit made it as usual more than just a gig. I said years ago something to the effect that a GG concert is more like having a chat with a friend (albeit a bit 1 sided). True entertainers put you at your ease and the time flew by. I have to say though that Gordons choice of shirt was one of those best suited to the stage only!

Ernie

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:35 pm

Hi Ernie.

SO good to see your name on our FORUM again sir. Yep, the shirt was a cracker wasn't it, and your right....just for stage use only eh!

Be Well buddy.

G.

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Customs House - South Shields

Postby GORDON » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Blix2112 wrote:Hi,

Only the second time I have seen you live but what a show, thanks for the fabulous music and the amusing anecdotes, a great venue with a very personal feel.

Regards
Michael

Michael, I thank you most sincerely for swelling a very poorly attended show and helping to make it a bit special for me.

Be Well guv.

G.

erniewoodhall

Shields

Postby erniewoodhall » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:25 am

Yes, why was it so poorly attended? It has to be said that though the customs house is a good venue (and I've seen you there before) it's not exactly well publicised. One of the rooms at the SAGE in Gateshead would be cracking or even the civic hall in Gosforth would be better attended...

All the best,

Ernie

tonyhealy

Postby tonyhealy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi Gordon
Just wanted to say how good to see you & Hilary again
[and not mend any tyres !!]
I too was a bit sad that more people did not attend.
Perhaps we can all spred the word....
Thanks again
Tony & Anne Healy

pandl73

Postby pandl73 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:46 pm

Great show as always. As you saw, we are helping to spread the magic of GG to the younger generation. Josh and Cat were weaned on your music, and they loved the evening. Sallies Song and Camber Sands are the kids favourites so thanks for that. You have me hooked now on the Dodo was it? Look forward to seeing that released soon.

All the best, till the next time - Paul, Linda, Josh and Cat

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:37 am

tonyhealy wrote:Hi Gordon
Just wanted to say how good to see you & Hilary again
[and not mend any tyres !!]
I too was a bit sad that more people did not attend.
Perhaps we can all spred the word....
Thanks again
Tony & Anne Healy

Hi Tony.

Good to see you again. I must admit when I saw you I thought 'I know that face' and of course it was your good self. Great memories of your party weekend indeed.

Warmest of Regards to you Both.

G.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:39 am

pandl73 wrote:Great show as always. As you saw, we are helping to spread the magic of GG to the younger generation. Josh and Cat were weaned on your music, and they loved the evening. Sallies Song and Camber Sands are the kids favourites so thanks for that. You have me hooked now on the Dodo was it? Look forward to seeing that released soon.

All the best, till the next time - Paul, Linda, Josh and Cat

Lovely to meet you all, THANKYOU for coming and to help swell the numbers a tad!

Be Well all.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”