St Andrews Church , Cheltenham

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

PaulWhite

St Andrews Church , Cheltenham

Postby PaulWhite » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:04 pm

Went to your concert at St Andrews church in Cheltenham last night, with my wife and 12 yr old son, and what a great night it was. We're also enjoying your Drifter album, bought the same evening. My son , who has been learning guitar for the last couple of years was especially blown away. ( He'd no idea that's what you can get out of an acoustic guitar - mind you that's mostly down to listening to my efforts over the years! )
Toon guitars were a bit tasty too.
Now we've discovered the website will look forward to catching some more performances.
Cheers, Paul
( not the Paul White mentioned in your thanks list on the Drifter inner notes - but I shall tell everyone it was me ! )

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:59 am

Hi Paul.

I have to say that I was pretty nervous on Saturday knowing that there were some seriously great players in the audience along with old and valued friends.I hope the nerves didn't show too much, and needless to say I'm really pleased you enjoyed the show, and Steve's guitar did indeed sound great.Hayley did a great set didn't she!

Hope to see you at the next one in your area.

Be Well.

G.

John Adams

St.Andrews Church Cheltenham

Postby John Adams » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:43 am

What a difference a week makes! Just seven days since the concert at the Fleece and Shining Morn has begun its development and Rachael’s Reflections is released in to the big world. Gordon has a new specially built Toon hollow bodied electric guitar for Dodo’s Dream giving a richer, deeper sound to this fantastic tune. Gordon shared the concert with a young guitarist, Hayley Savage who impressed the audience with her renditions of classical tunes and some of her own compositions. Gordon opened with Dublin Day before enthralling the audience with humorous anecdotes, material from his back catalogue and a new tune (as yet unnamed) which had a passing resemblance to “Here Comes The Sun” we even had a short burst of “Stairway To Heaven”! St. Andrews Church was a fantastic location with excellent acoustics which allowed both of these talented musicians to entertain the audience in their own style, with their talent, flair and dexterity.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”