Alnwick Playhouse

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

Richard716

Alnwick Playhouse

Postby Richard716 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi Gordon,

I have regularly visited your website and forums for the passed couple of years after taking up the guitar around the same time.

When I saw that you were playing at the Playhouse in Alnwick and after seeing so many favourable reviews on the forums I decided to take the shortish trip from Newcastle to see you play, bringing along my wife, brother and his partner.

What can I say. It was a night of firsts. The first time I have been to the Alnwick Playhouse, super venue. The first time I had seen a guitar soloist and the first time that I had seen what has turned out to be the mighty GG or was it Bill Connelly :D . Trully outstanding a night that I will remember for some time. A great mix of guitars, sounds, songs and general banter. I sat in amazement of what could be done with a guitar in the right hands!!

I play my first live performance a week today for my 40th birthday party in Newcastle. I love ALL good music that is performed with passion as GG displayed last night. I, for my sins, have a passion for Rock & Heavy Metal. The three tunes I wil be playng are "Summer of 69" by Bryan Adams, "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns and Roses and the one that will get me expelled on my first days as a member on this forum "Were not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister. (Sue I perhaps should have divulged this to you before your authorised me as a member, sorry :D ) Gordon, I just wish I had some of your silky skills as my nerves are really beginning to kick in now and you make it look so easy.

I did want to tell you in person how much I enjoyed the night but the interval was over and the music was back in full swing. I did managed to wave you on your way as you drove off, yes that was me.

Good luck with the rest of the shows. I will be sure to see you next time you are in the North.

Thanks for a great night

Richard

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the Forum, don't worry, we haven't had to expell anyone yet - but there's always a first time - now you understand why I have to check out new members :roll: !

Have a great birthday, hope your gig goes well despite the choice of tunes ! :wink:

Sue
GG webmaster

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi Richard.

Thanks ever so for your fun posting. What a cracking venue eh, and what a great audience. We know Alnwick pretty well as we used to visit friends there, sadly they moved back down south!

I share with Sue in wishing you a great birthday and a good gig.

Be Well Sir.

Warm Regards.

Gordon.

Mark J

Postby Mark J » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 pm

I would also just like to add my thanks for the evenings entertainment in Alnwick on Thursday night. The first time I saw you play would be in 2003(?) I think, when you played outdoors at the North Shields Fish Quay festival where you were drowned out for a while by a hovering helicopter!

I bought the "From Brush & Stone" CD on Thursday and can only add that I love it and it went straight onto my Ipod. I will be picking up your CD collaboration with Martin Taylor next as he is also a guitarist I greatly admire.

Again many thanks for Thursday night.
Regards

Mark

supergenius

Alnwick Playhouse

Postby supergenius » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:25 am

I second the comments above - it was great gig in a great venue. Mark, you must get the Giltrap & Taylor CD because it is sdimply sublime.

Those of you were at the gig will recall that Gordon unveiled a brand new tune and gave us its world premiere performance. Fortunately, I had decided at the last moment to bring along the trusty old "point & shoot" camera with its 3 minute video capability so here is a reminder of that evening. Enjoy it. And thanks, Gordon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Vh9D8Q ... ture=email

Simon

Richard716

Postby Richard716 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi Gordon,

I really appreciated the best wishes for my BIG 40 from both yourself and Sue, (I see that she still has not banished me from your website for my taste in music, thanks Sue :D)

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was to play my first gig on the 1st May after taking up playing the guitar some 3 years ago. Well its been and gone and I had a blast. Dispite the nerves and the numerous mistakes, I thoroughly enjoyed playing live with a band. I had never played live before and only practiced along with a CD with a few last minute practice sessions with my mates band. You can see my efforts below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It starts of nervously but does gradually get better.

I just have to start up a band now!

Guns and Roses, Sweet Child of mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmoj16bDn-E&fmt=18

Bryan Adams, Summer of 69
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNeaLSDVHks&fmt=18

Twisted Sister, Were Not Gonna Take it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZenIQsV840&fmt=18

Twisted Sister, Were Not Gonna Take it (Encore!!!!!!!!!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsm0vyEyHM&fmt=18

Thanks again Richard

Sue
Site Admin

Postby Sue » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi Richard,

glad to know it went well and everyone had a good time, (both performers and audience).

Not sure the GG hairstyle is the right look for you though, :oops: but as they say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" ! :lol:

Sue
GG webmaster

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”