The Fleece Inn, Bretforton Evesham 18th / 19th April

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

steve

The Fleece Inn, Bretforton Evesham 18th / 19th April

Postby steve » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Hey come on folks, I see that the Sunday 19th concert hasn't yet sold out. What gives? Apart from another opportunity to see those fast fingers in action, Gordon is putting these concerts on to selflessly raise money for the Tracey Sollis Appeal. We tip our hats to you again, Gordon.

We have our seats booked and tickets in hand for the Saturday show and we're looking forward to what will be another great show, I'm sure!

See you next week , Gordon.

BTW, I was listening to the Visionary album the other night and wondered how many pieces from that album have ever had a "live" hearing apart from the perennial favourite, Lucifer's Cage?

Regards,

Steve

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:22 am

Hi Steve.

Many thanks for your posting sir. We live in hope that both nights will be sold out. It's not a lot to ask is it?

You are SO right about pieces from Visionary. I was playing Ecchoing Green and London recently at a concert because it had been requested. I think it's good to visit 'old friends' from time to time, and you know these tunes do somehow have a timeless quality to them.

Do say 'hello' at the Fleece won't you!

Happy Easter sir.

Gordon.

steve

Postby steve » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:32 am

Hi Gordon,

Thank you and yes we will do! It's ironic actually but I know of several people who wished to buy 3/4 tickets for Saturday night but couldn't! I've tried to persuade them to book Sunday but it seems to be a case of Saturday or nothing! Maybe you could play 2 Saturday nights instead of Sunday? LOL!

Funny you should home in on The Ecchoing Green and London as these two pieces along with The Dance of Albion were exactly what I was thinking of!

All the best and have a great Easter yourself!

Steve

John Adams

Postby John Adams » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:48 pm

Out third visit to Bretforton and we weren’t disappointed, Gordon once again enchanted the audience with his compositions old and new as well as a wonderful rendition of Davy Graham’s “Angie” in fond memory of a lost friend.

Unusually Gordon opened his set with a new composition (Shining Morn) which I believe will develop into something great! We were treated to Ives Horizon on the 12 string Fylde, Mrs Singer’s Waltz on the Baby Armstrong, Appalachian Dreaming on the Car Boot Special, Dodo’s Dream on the Variax, every guitar seemed to display a different facet of Gordon’s talent – even the Baritone Armstrong had an outing!

Everybody enjoyed a great concert and there was even a raffle with over £1,000 being raised for the Tracy Sollis leukaemia trust on Saturday alone! Many thanks to Gordon for a great night and to Sue and the team for “making it happen”.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:57 am

John Adams wrote:Out third visit to Bretforton and we weren’t disappointed, Gordon once again enchanted the audience with his compositions old and new as well as a wonderful rendition of Davy Graham’s “Angie” in fond memory of a lost friend.

Unusually Gordon opened his set with a new composition (Shining Morn) which I believe will develop into something great! We were treated to Ives Horizon on the 12 string Fylde, Mrs Singer’s Waltz on the Baby Armstrong, Appalachian Dreaming on the Car Boot Special, Dodo’s Dream on the Variax, every guitar seemed to display a different facet of Gordon’s talent – even the Baritone Armstrong had an outing!

Everybody enjoyed a great concert and there was even a raffle with over £1,000 being raised for the Tracy Sollis leukaemia trust on Saturday alone! Many thanks to Gordon for a great night and to Sue and the team for “making it happen”.

Hi John.

Great to see you both as ever,and I'm delighted to report that we raised well over £2000 for the charity. We plan to do the same next year!

Be Well Both.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”