The Stables, Wavendon

Posts on this board should be directly about Gordon's concerts. Comments, reviews or questions relating to Gordon's concerts are welcome here.

Moderator: GORDON

keithmeredith

The Stables, Wavendon

Postby keithmeredith » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:33 am

Greetings Gordon,
What a marvelous venue in every way, well organized from the car park marshaling onwards - and I was surprised to learn much by volunteers too. They are to be heartily congratulated.
Your virtuoso performance was so much enjoyed by Fiona and me, as usual - and I very much appreciated your playing Ives Horizon for me - a piece I don't seem to have in my GG collection. It was also a thrill to hear your rendition of Angie - an everlasting memorial to the great Davy Graham. I realise that you have received criticism but I am convinced that the great man would not mind your continuing to play it. Those that matter don't mind: those that mind don't matter - I think we've got a new maxim.
It is a strange co-incidence that - having been blown away by your current Dodo's Dream arrangement - I was to ask if there were any other pieces that could receive a similar treatment. Last night you answered my unasked question and gave us the international and galactic debut of Rosebury Topping (I think that was the title). Fear not Gordon, it came across very well and Fiona thought it was "delightful" and hopes it finds a permanent place in your repertoire
We always come away from your gigs full of joy and happiness having been thoroughly entertained watching you and hearing you play your wonderful music. As I have said before - may you candle of life burn slowly.
Fiona and I are looking forward to seeing you next at Bulkington at the end of February. Tea beforehand perhaps? Our very best wishes to you and to Hillary.

Keith

TheRealMrBean

Postby TheRealMrBean » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:10 am

I can only agree with Keiths comments.

Great venue, great staff and what a performance!!

I loved "God Save the Queen" and wonder if a version similar to that played last night is available on any CD?

Thanks Gordon for a truely amazing evening - It certainly was appreciated/

Cheers, TheRealMrBean

Mike Stranks

Postby Mike Stranks » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:05 pm

Welcome to the forum Mr Bean!

In answer to your question, 'God Save the Queen' is on Gordon's live CD "As It Happens". Unfortunately this is not available at present, but maybe a Google or EBay search might find a copy.

Happy hunting!

TheRealMrBean

Postby TheRealMrBean » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:52 am

[quote="Mike S"]
In answer to your question, 'God Save the Queen' is on Gordon's live CD "As It Happens". Unfortunately this is not available at present, but maybe a Google or EBay search might find a copy.[/quote]

Thanks for the lead Mike S - I've found that this is being rereleased by Voiceprint as Catalogue number VP458CD with a Release date of 06/04/2009 - Pre orders are now being accepted and so I will have to be patient.

Thanks for the welcome too,
Cheers, TheRealMrBean

mike c

Stables Wavendon

Postby mike c » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Gordon
We are regular visitors(members in fact)to The Stables and it is pleasing to hear so many good comments on the venue.However last week was the first time we had seen you play live,what an excellent concert,please come back again asap.Further, keep playing Angie,Davy Graham would have been delighted,the beauty of the tune is the infinate number of interpretations that can be made.

Mike C

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: The Stables, Wavendon

Postby GORDON » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:13 pm

keithmeredith wrote:Greetings Gordon,
What a marvelous venue in every way, well organized from the car park marshaling onwards - and I was surprised to learn much by volunteers too. They are to be heartily congratulated.
Your virtuoso performance was so much enjoyed by Fiona and me, as usual - and I very much appreciated your playing Ives Horizon for me - a piece I don't seem to have in my GG collection. It was also a thrill to hear your rendition of Angie - an everlasting memorial to the great Davy Graham. I realise that you have received criticism but I am convinced that the great man would not mind your continuing to play it. Those that matter don't mind: those that mind don't matter - I think we've got a new maxim.
It is a strange co-incidence that - having been blown away by your current Dodo's Dream arrangement - I was to ask if there were any other pieces that could receive a similar treatment. Last night you answered my unasked question and gave us the international and galactic debut of Rosebury Topping (I think that was the title). Fear not Gordon, it came across very well and Fiona thought it was "delightful" and hopes it finds a permanent place in your repertoire
We always come away from your gigs full of joy and happiness having been thoroughly entertained watching you and hearing you play your wonderful music. As I have said before - may you candle of life burn slowly.
Fiona and I are looking forward to seeing you next at Bulkington at the end of February. Tea beforehand perhaps? Our very best wishes to you and to Hillary.

Keith

Hi Keith.

Good to see you both last week and sorry that there was no time for a chat. Glad you liked Ive's Horizon and the new piece(it's getting there)I was very heartened by your Angie comments, and I'm now convinced that I should continue playing it in spite of some the cruel remarks on YOUTUBE.

To think that my music can touch folks in such a wonderful way is most gratifying and really makes it all worthwhile and is what I have always hoped for all these years.

I look forward to seeing you in Bulkington. Can't guarantee tea beforehand but it will be lovely to see you both again and this time we can hopefully have a chat.

My Sincere and Warm Regards to you Both.Glad you liked the venue by the way a wonderful place to play indeed and such a lovely bunch of people there.

G.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:17 pm

TheRealMrBean wrote:I can only agree with Keiths comments.

Great venue, great staff and what a performance!!

I loved "God Save the Queen" and wonder if a version similar to that played last night is available on any CD?

Thanks Gordon for a truely amazing evening - It certainly was appreciated/

Cheers, TheRealMrBean

Hello Mr Bean.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed Wavendon and that you have been able to track down the info regarding As it Happens and the 6/4.09 release date which incidentally is my birthday!

Be Well Sir.

G.

GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Stables Wavendon

Postby GORDON » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:20 pm

mike c wrote:Gordon
We are regular visitors(members in fact)to The Stables and it is pleasing to hear so many good comments on the venue.However last week was the first time we had seen you play live,what an excellent concert,please come back again asap.Further, keep playing Angie,Davy Graham would have been delighted,the beauty of the tune is the infinate number of interpretations that can be made.

Mike C

Hello Mike.

It is always a joy to make new converts to my live shows. I hope it won't be the last. I shall indeed continue playing Angie, and I like to think that the great man would have approved!

Be Well Sir.

G.

GORDON
Site Admin

Postby GORDON » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Mike S wrote:Welcome to the forum Mr Bean!

In answer to your question, 'God Save the Queen' is on Gordon's live CD "As It Happens". Unfortunately this is not available at present, but maybe a Google or EBay search might find a copy.

Happy hunting!

Be Well Mike and thankyou for the posting.

G.

Return to “Gordon's Concerts”